Author Topic: PC - Brand new Reasnow - Unable to find device with any software version  (Read 3775 times)

GuyinChicago

Hello.

I bought a new device and plugged it into my PC using the provided USB cord. The logo on the device is either a stable very very light blue or white ( I believe white ), yet no software version provided in the download link will detect the device. Despite other pieces of advice I saw on the forums, there is no question mark on any of the software windows where I can click to find "hardware version". In Device Manager, I see Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed), associated with this device.

Looking for help. Thank you. (Also, answering three questions every time I interact here, about consoles I don't even own, is crazy).

GuyinChicago

Oddly, just clicking randomly in the window allowed the device to be detected. I upgraded the firmware. I added the Switch, and Splatoon2. Upon hitting save it complained again of the device not being detected. The cables are firmly in everywhere. Is the device connectivity just unstable?

GuyinChicago

Now I get a flashing red + beeping when connecting to the console.

richard

• Global Moderator
we need the following details:
1. how many beeps with the stable red logo?
or you may send a video to support@reasnow.com to show us your trouble.

2. all your settings in cross hair,
some screenshots will be better.

GuyinChicago

I went into the Switch console settings and selected the wired mode for the Pro controller. I've tried every combination of activation order (controllers vs. plugging in Reasnow) without luck.

I have a permanent red light, with beeping.

Things I have done:

I've made sure there is a startup config (it's the only config I have loaded). I'm using the official Nintendo Pro controller and the official Nintendo Pro controller USB cable plugged into the right side. I've made sure the keyboard and mouse are plugged into the left and right USB ports on the front, respectively.

Still flat red, still beeping (it continues to beep forever).

Screenshots of everything:

richard

• Global Moderator
i recommend you should read the pdf for switch carefully,
no pro conteoller is required to be plugged into cross hair.

GuyinChicago

Thanks! I hadn't seen a special version for the Switch so I was trying to follow the other guidelines. Working well now. Thank you.