Author Topic: G29 and XB Series X/S  (Read 3590 times)

stich86

G29 and XB Series X/S
« on: January 03, 2021, 05:26:47 AM »
Hi guys,

i've a G29 and currently PS4 Pro system. I want to buy a new XB X or S system and want to know how is the compatibility using S1.
Is the FFB same as a G920 wheel?

Thanks!

richard

• Global Moderator
Re: G29 and XB Series X/S
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 08:03:39 PM »
On Xbox consoles, FFB is simulated one,
it will not be as good as what it is on G920.

izanaki

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 11:05:25 AM »
Are you sure about the simulated FFB? I ask cause I was under the impression it’s only simulated in Legacy mode. In Legacy mode the wheel is seen as a regular handheld Xbox controller . This allows the wheel to be used in games that don’t officially support a wheel like Mario Kart, some need for speed games etc.

In Expert mode for the Reasnow S1 the wheel is seen as a normal FFB wheel. This means the G29 looks like the G920 to the Xbox in the game options... BUT, the expert profile needs to be loaded into the Reansow S1 for each game you own. This means the force feedback in expert mode is done correctly as if it were really a G920 wheel. If I’m mistaken let me know.

Warm Regards!

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 11:18:48 AM »
1. legacy mode can be used with any game which can be played with a controller,
    many racing games can be played with legacy mode, such as Forza, NFS, F1, etc.
2. on Xbox consoles, the expert mode is still a beta one, there is no FFB in this mode.
   all other features which belong to a G920 are ok.

izanaki

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2021, 12:59:24 AM »
1. legacy mode can be used with any game which can be played with a controller,
    many racing games can be played with legacy mode, such as Forza, NFS, F1, etc.
2. on Xbox consoles, the expert mode is still a beta one, there is no FFB in this mode.
   all other features which belong to a G920 are ok.

Richard, just for my understanding, it's just the Series X/S that don't have FFB with the G29 and the S1, but the previous generation XBOX One has FFB with the G29 in expert mode?

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2021, 03:37:21 PM »
no, on all Xbox consoles (XSX,XSS,XB1), the expert mode is still a beta one, there is no FFB in this mode.