Author Topic: CrossHair suddenly stays green and can't connect to PC  (Read 5363 times)

Colditz

CrossHair suddenly stays green and can't connect to PC
« on: March 18, 2018, 11:35:15 AM »
Hello! I've tried playing Splatoon 2 again and found that the Crosshair is not reacting to my Mouse+KB input. I hooked it up to my PC to start troubleshooting but the CrossHair Manager says "No Cross Hair Detected" followed by a popup saying "ReadFlash:Read(86,258)"

I've tried accessing the Cross Hair through Manager versions 4.5.14, 4.5.10, 3.12.15 and 1.73.22, neither of them recognize the device.
The CrossHair beeps 4 times, cycles through its colours and then stays green. I've tried running the Upgrade tool, to no avail.

richard

• Global Moderator
Re: CrossHair suddenly stays green and can't connect to PC
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 07:54:21 PM »
can you tell us which is the last version which can detect your cross hair?
seemingly you will need to repair firmware using your last manager.
item 35 in faq-crosshair-v1.8.pdf will guide you through this.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 08:14:04 PM by richard »

Colditz

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 12:00:53 AM »
The last version was 4.5.10, but sadly no version will detect it not even 4.5.10 which is the one I initially started it with. I've tried other USB cables too now but nothing seems to be working.

Colditz

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 12:06:40 AM »
I just tried repairing the firmware. The Manager still can't find the Cross Hair, I get the same error.

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 03:12:32 PM »
1. when did you buy this cross hair?
2. did you ever use it successfully on Switch? or other consoles?
3. did you every change settings in cross hair successfully? which version were you using at that time?
4. what have you done to it to bring cross hair into this state(stable green LOGO with 4 beeps)?

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 05:30:37 PM »
we saw you are not using the original USB cable shipped with Cross Hair,
is there any reason for that?

you may try our original USB cable, or try another PC to repair firmware using V4.5.14, our latest version.

Colditz

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 01:11:18 AM »
1. I bought it on the 1st of March
2. I've only used it on Switch and for the time I used it it worked flawlessly.
3. Yes, I've made a custom profile for Splatoon 2 and Mario Oddyssey
4. Nothing that I can think of, I took a break from Splatoon 2 for a week and when I decided to play it again with a friend it just wouldn't react to Mouse and Keyboard input, I decided to hook it up to the pc and check if maybe the profile's been wiped. That's when I got the error message and decided to look up the green light and 4 beeps on the forums.

I've used another USB cable for the video, mainly because I was trying out several cables and that happened to be the one I was using while recording the video. In total I've tried 4 cables now and 3 Computers, all giving me the same result so that I can conclude that it is not a failure of the USB-Cable or PC.

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2018, 10:46:21 AM »
Sorry to hear all your troubles!
based on the info above, your firmware is broken during some saving or upgrading procedure.
Generally speaking, this kind of trouble can be solved by a firmware restoration.

But this is a special case, you will need to return your Cross Hair to the seller and apply for warranty service.

Colditz

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2018, 07:11:52 AM »
Thank you richard, I've done so already. Both you and the seller were very helpful in this matter and based on this experience I'll purchase the Cross Hair again. Thank you very much, really, support like this is very rare.  ;)