Author Topic: PS4 keeps "disconnecting" controler!!!  (Read 155346 times)

Zefmirrorman

PS4 keeps "disconnecting" controler!!!
« on: January 05, 2017, 10:39:23 PM »
Is this a PS4 bug, or it only happens with Cross Hair adapter??

When IĀ“m using Crosshair and my G27 wheel, the system keeps disconnecting the Game Controller from time to time (like around 10 minutes or so)! And the only way to get any controller working is unplugging G27 from Crosshair and then plugging it back again, after which the system asks for conformation from the user/profile being used and then returns to where it left (more or less), once it happen in mid race and without any control y car crashed all over the place...

Is this a bug that Crosshair may overcome in next firmware updates... or is this just from my PS4?

richard

• Global Moderator
Re: PS4 keeps "disconnecting" controler!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 11:21:04 PM »
when facing disconnecting problems, have your heard any beeps? what is the status and color of your Cross Hair LOGO?
If you heard no beep, and LOGO is still breathing during that, we suggest you may try a new and qualified USB cable to connect your controller to Cross Hair.

Zefmirrorman

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 06:28:26 AM »
No beeps were heard... logo kept green and breathing... and itĀ“s hapenning again, every time the race (IĀ“m using it with G27 on Assetto Corsa) lasts some time more than 10 minutes or so...  :'(

Are you sure that the problem comes from the connecting cable?? I have 2 Original DS4 controllers and both show same problem...

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 07:24:10 AM »
yes, some users met similar problem just like you, a new and qualified usb cable will help.

but i also suggest you should read through ITEM 30 in PART ONE of "FAQ-Cross Hair-v1.5.pdf",
there might be some other reasons to cause this problem.

please note your DS4 controller should not be in wireless mode(indicator of DS4 shows blue or red)
whiles used with Cross Hair.

Zefmirrorman

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 08:19:14 PM »
Thanks for your answer... but...

Where can I get FAQ-Cross Hair-v1.5.pdf document??? I haveĀ“nt found any link for downloading it...

About what you wrote:  "note your DS4 controller should not be in wireless mode(indicator of DS4 shows blue or red)... whiles used with Cross Hair." ?? Well... my DS4 controller stays connected to Cross Hair through cable all the time, but the indicator shows blue color after connecting cross hair to PS4 and when gaming controlling system is initialized... so now IĀ“m even more confused... please clarify...

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 08:58:48 PM »
if your DS4 shows blue, that is the reason of your problem.
Please do follow our instructions strictly and orderly, you will have no problem at all.

1. after ps4 is powered on, turn off your DS4(not the console PS4) before connection
2. connect the original controller (USB PORT1) and the wheel (USB PORT2 or 3) to Cross Hair,
3. and then connect Cross Hair to console. A breathing color means it's working well.

please note again your DS4 controller should not be in wireless mode(indicator of DS4 shows blue or red)
whiles used with Cross Hair.

Zefmirrorman

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 10:37:09 PM »
Thanks, Richard!

I sincerely hope so! :) IĀ“ll try it next time (next Monday!) !!

Adittionally, can you tell me please the link to get "FAQ-Cross Hair-v1.5.pdf" ??

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 11:14:33 PM »
download "Cross Hair Manager V1.43.24"(Beta Version!) from the topic below:

http://www.reasnow.com/forum/index.php?topic=25.0

extract the zip files in it, you will find the FAQ file.

Anything help in need, just post it here.
we are always here to help 8)

Ferrall

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2017, 10:03:09 PM »
Hello!
I have similar issue. But my Original controller doesnt light LED while connected to Crosshair.
And it disconnects then i play in Titanfall2 on PS4Pro. Also after 5-10 minutes. No special sound or LED light occurs in that case.
Both Keyboard and Mouse stop to respond - reconnection of USB cable helps (the one which links CrossHair to PS4Pro).
So it is different a bit from previous case.
I tried on firmware 1.43.0/24/25

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 12:30:43 AM »
based on your description, i still insist you should try a new and qualified usb cable to connect controller to cross hair.

Ferrall

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2017, 03:37:50 AM »
I have the cable which was bundled with my console. Which better cable you would suggest to use?

Ferrall

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2017, 04:22:14 AM »
I have the cable which was bundled with my console. Which better cable you would suggest to use?
ADD: If i disconnect the controller - then CH glow RED and alarms with double sound signal. But in my case - then i lose control after 10min - no such red color logo or sound occurs - it continue to glow slowly with current settings color (as nothing happened).

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2017, 09:36:31 AM »
any usb cable with Micro usb will be ok. but you should choose a qualified one. make sure you have followed all the instrctions in the faq carefully.

Ferrall

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2017, 12:08:51 AM »
I made few mistakes.
I have PS4Pro, but used old DS4. Then I connected new DS4 and set settings in PS4Pro - "connect controller by USB".
Looks like it helped - 1 hour for now works fine.

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2017, 08:16:29 AM »
thanks for sharing your experiences, i realised it is really a possibiity to lead to the same problem.

Ferrall

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2017, 04:50:32 AM »
Bad news.
After few days of normal work it happens again. But seldom (once per 1-2 hour).
I took two units from friends (they have old PS4) and these units shows the same results - dosconnection after ~ 1+ hour (before it was each 10min as i descibed above). Looks like there is some issue with PS4Pro? Or else...
Settings are  - PS4Pro+New DS4 - "connect by USB".
So sad that disconnection happens again.

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2017, 09:26:24 AM »
1. when you are facing the disconnection problem, is your Cross Hair LOGO still breathing and without beeps?
2. have you tried a new USB cable to connect PS4 Pro controller to Cross Hair?
3. please do not shake the controller when connected by a USB cable,
    or you can just have all connections done and leave them.
4. you said you tried 2 old PS4, are you using their own controllers with them or
    using your PS4 Pro controller with the old consoles
5. Cross Hair Manager version?

we will try ourselves on the PS4 Pro console and get back to you with further news.

Ferrall

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2017, 04:18:43 AM »
Hello!
1. Yep, logo is breathing. No any special signals or sounds happens (its not like then i disconnect controller - red flashing and beeps).
2. Nope. I dont know which one to try. I have only bundled one from PS4. If cable is bad and lose connection due to the cable - should be any beeps and red flash logo as then I discconect the cable with DS4?
3. Surely i didnt.
4. Nope. I have PS4Pro+bundled "new DS4" and i have second controller "old DS4". FIrst time i tried to use old DS4 with PS4Pro - it disconnected every 10 minutes. Then i changed to new DS4 and also changed settings "connect to USB" - first evening it worked fine for few hours. But after two days it started to freeze again (but later... after 30-60min). Funny i took another CH - same results - freeze after 30-60min. Looks like something wrong with PS4Pro compatibility.
5. Tried from 1.43.0 to 1.44.0 already - same issue. 

Ferrall

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2017, 07:19:13 AM »
2. Nope. I dont know which one to try. I have only bundled one from PS4. If cable is bad and lose connection due to the cable - should be any beeps and red flash logo as then I discconect the cable with DS4?
Found two other USB cables - didnt help. Freeze after 30-60 min as well.

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2017, 09:00:25 AM »
got it! will reply later.