Author Topic: External power supply via USB 3.0 hub with...  (Read 7459 times)

HOTTZ

• I'm Battlefiel 4 Player
External power supply via USB 3.0 hub with...
« on: November 10, 2023, 09:51:16 PM »
Hello everybody! I would like to know if it is possible to power the Reasnow S1 via a USB hub as it is constantly disconnecting. Previously this did not happen in older software versions but lately it has been happening constantly. I've tried several methods, cables, mouse configuration (Redragon Storm Elite - PMW3389), replaced mousepad but it continues to lose tracking, honestly the device worked better in the first updates, I didn't have so much headache. Finally, I would like to know if it is possible to connect to a usb hub and how to do it. Thank you in advance for your support!  :-\
NAME: HOTTZ
PLATAFORM: XBOX SERIES S
GAMERTAG: II HOTTZz II

HOTTZ

Re: External power supply via USB 3.0 hub with...
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2023, 12:12:33 AM »
Could anyone explain the connection scheme if possible?

Shockwave

• 1337 Gamer
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2023, 03:07:51 AM »
Cara, eu n?o sou nenhum admin nem moderador do f?rum, mas tive alguns problemas assim um tempo atr?s, ent?o vou tentar ajudar...

Por um acaso teu teclado ou mouse s?o sem fio, onde carregam atrav?s de USB? Ou tu usa muitas outras coisas conectadas via Bluetooth no Xbox que possam sobrecarregar ele em termos de energia?

Te digo isso pq meu fone ? USB (Astro A40) e meu teclado carrega atrav?s do USB tbm, e se eu usar o dia inteiro com a luz ligada no trabalho, depois chegar em casa, plugar o teclado direto no S1 e tentar usar, vai ficar desconectando.

Faz essa an?lise de quanta coisa tu t? usando no USB pra ver se pode ser isso. Eu t? com as ?ltimas vers?es de Firmware atualizadas e n?o tenho esse problema.
Console: Xbox Series X
Controller: Series X Custom Controller by Stelf - 4 paddles
Keyboard: Keychron K2V2 White Backlight
Mouse: Logitech G603 12.000 DPI
Adaptor: ReaSnow S1

HOTTZ

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2023, 04:32:33 AM »
Cara, eu n?o sou nenhum admin nem moderador do f?rum, mas tive alguns problemas assim um tempo atr?s, ent?o vou tentar ajudar...

Por um acaso teu teclado ou mouse s?o sem fio, onde carregam atrav?s de USB? Ou tu usa muitas outras coisas conectadas via Bluetooth no Xbox que possam sobrecarregar ele em termos de energia?

Te digo isso pq meu fone ? USB (Astro A40) e meu teclado carrega atrav?s do USB tbm, e se eu usar o dia inteiro com a luz ligada no trabalho, depois chegar em casa, plugar o teclado direto no S1 e tentar usar, vai ficar desconectando.

Faz essa an?lise de quanta coisa tu t? usando no USB pra ver se pode ser isso. Eu t? com as ?ltimas vers?es de Firmware atualizadas e n?o tenho esse problema.

So, my keyboard is a very simple one without RGB LEDs, with a membrane and the mouse is a gamer mouse (top PWM3390 sensor) and has RGB, I deactivate the LEDs in the mouse software but when it connects to the reasnow S1 they light up. But anyway, I bought the hub today but I don't know exactly the connection scheme... do I connect the hub to the xbox and reasnow to the hub? Remembering that this hub has an external power supply that will cover the energy issue. Thank you in advance for your answer :)

HOTTZ

Re: External power supply via USB 3.0 hub with external source
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2023, 08:52:40 AM »

So, my keyboard is a very simple one without RGB LEDs, with a membrane and the mouse is a gamer mouse (top PWM3390 sensor) and has RGB, I deactivate the LEDs in the mouse software but when it connects to the reasnow S1 they light up. But anyway, I bought the hub today but I don't know exactly the connection scheme... do I connect the hub to the xbox and reasnow to the hub? Remembering that this hub has an external power supply that will cover the energy issue. Thank you in advance for your answer :)

Guys, I want to leave my report here, it really was a power supply problem, I put the USB 3.0 hub on the console and connected the Reasnow S1 to the HUB port and that's it, it stopped disconnecting and restarting by itself, until my mouse moved has been corrected and is now accepting faster movements. Thank you all in advance and let anyone who may have the same problem have experience, big hugs to everyone!

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2023, 09:30:45 AM »
THanks for sharing your experiences!
it helps us a lot:)

Shockwave

• 1337 Gamer
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2023, 09:43:46 PM »
I'm glad I somehow guided him to the right place, hahaha. I have a Keychron K2 V2 which has a built-in battery, so everytime I want to play using ReaSnow, I need to make sure that the Keyboard is properly loaded, otherwise it will disconnect either the S1 or my Astro A40 from Xbox, it cannot handle that much via the S1.
Console: Xbox Series X
Controller: Series X Custom Controller by Stelf - 4 paddles
Keyboard: Keychron K2V2 White Backlight
Mouse: Logitech G603 12.000 DPI
Adaptor: ReaSnow S1