Author Topic: TWIN (flight) Sticks  (Read 3213 times)

Sevenlives

TWIN (flight) Sticks
« on: October 08, 2021, 09:45:21 PM »
I wanted to say thanks for the great product. I've been able to use flight sticks and my g29 with virtually any game. Even done a wheel/gamepad combo on the switch, ps3 and pc. I even used my flight stick and wheel on Dreamcast games on the PC.

I had a question. If I buy another flight stick, could I potentially use two flight sticks (USB2 and USB3) and assign one to the left analog stick and the other to the right? Essentially creating a Virtua On controller?

Notime2game

Re: TWIN (flight) Sticks
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 06:47:26 AM »
Upload some videos of the Dreamcast/wheel :-)

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 04:45:48 PM »
yes, ReaSnow S1 can support 2 flight sticks simultaneously.
but please enable "Accessory Support" in "settings" in our APP first:)

Sevenlives

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2021, 05:21:20 AM »
Thanks Richard. But based on what you answered I went and bought another attack3 flightstick. But there's a problem.

I'm trying to control the left analog stick with the left flight stick. And the right analog stick with the right flight stick.  However when I assign left analog stick to any direction, both flight sticks are recognized as the same input. (Ex: Y+ will work the same on both flight sticks)

How can I make it so that both sticks are recognized independently? (I tried this on the switch with accessory support both on and off.)

Even if you have a beta firmware somewhere, I'd gladly test this out. The software already tells me which peripherals are plugged in (wheel, gamepad, usb hub, etc) What if for example: Instead of it receiving the signal Y+ from both flight sticks when I press up, can it be made to receive the signal USB1Y+ (from left flight stick on USB1) and then USB2Y+ (from right flight stick on USB2) so that I can map each to different buttons on the gamepad?

« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 06:55:49 AM by Sevenlives »

Sevenlives

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2021, 10:11:45 AM »
Oh that's  odd. I turned off  the switch and later turned it on again and now it works. Possible bad boot?

Feels great by the way!

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2021, 10:25:12 AM »
glad to know you have fixed it on your own:)

Sevenlives

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2021, 11:19:02 PM »
Thanks Richard. For future reference to anyone, I figured out what I did wrong.  (On the switch) I had my flight stick on usb1 and a hub with a flight stick and pro controller on usb 2. I like to keep a gamepad connected to help orient myself with button layouts for a game.  But when you do this, the Reasnow turns both flight sticks into the same input. So the two are one. 

However if you plug one flight stick on usb 1 and the other on usb 2 (no gamepad or hub) The reasnow recognize both (joystick and accessory).

Works really good and opens up a lot of games on the switch, pc, ps3 so far.  I will try this also on that dreamcast emulator as well.  Thanks again!!

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2021, 01:47:16 PM »
thanks for sharing! your experiences help a lot:)