Author Topic: Trust GXT 288 works with the Cross Hair, but not for long... beeps solution?  (Read 14949 times)

Rix

Hi,
I just received the Cross Hair.

In general it's works fine, but I would like to use it with the Trust GXT 288 on PS4. I know it's not a supported Racing Wheel, but it's not a problem, it work in Xinput so it simply emulate one Xbox 360 controller.

In fact, it actually works really fine! But not for long: after a couple of minutes the cross hair start beeping, sometimes with a blue led color, sometimes green. Then, I'm not more able to use the GXT 288, unless I unplug the Cross Hair.

For now this happened with just Driveclub with a custom game preset.

There's something could fix this? I log out from the account, I plug in the cross hair and then I press the PS button on the controller.

richard

• Global Moderator
Hi, please read the pdf in this topic carefully,
http://www.reasnow.com/forum/index.php?topic=1517.0

if you are using Custom Game config to play DriveClub. pay attention to the following words “For PS4 users, please do remember to turn off the controller and log out the user before connecting. After Cross Hair is powered on, it will turn the controller on automatically. Do not turn the controller off when LOGO of Cross Hair is breathing. ”
Your controller's indicator should not be blue, but it will works fine.

you may also try a new USB cable to connect your controller to Cross Hair,
most of the problems are caused by improper connection or poor contact.

And if you have further problem, please read the CrossHair Warning and Solution file in this topic:
http://www.reasnow.com/forum/index.php?topic=1432.0
and provide a clear description of the problem you met, so we can know how to help you.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 01:18:00 PM by richard »

Rix

Well, it's something I think I already do correctly.

I mean, I think this part it's wrong: please do remember to turn off the controller and log out the user before connecting.

I cannot turn off the controller BEFORE do the logout. At the same time I cannot turn off the controller after the log out. I presume it's something happen automatically when i log off. Right?

I changed the USB cable. same.

This is what happen:
- I play
- Everything works really fine
- After a couple of minutes (sometimes 4, sometimes 2, sometimes 6) nothing works anymore and the PS4 says "The controller has been disconnected"
- The CH start beeping continuously and the LED it's stable green

richard

• Global Moderator
Please provide the following details if possible.
1. Cross Hair Manager version?
2. How many beeps you hear in one cycle of that continous beeping, while the LOGO is stable green?
3. which config are you using to play DriveClub? Is it Custom Game?

Rix

- This is the version:

- So: can happen two beeps cycle with blue red or one beep with green led. I Don't know the criterion, sometimes one, sometimes the other.   

- This is the custom Game I prepared for racing games, I tried even NFS, same problem. I cannot use the Driveclaub preset because the GXT 288 doesnt work at all with it.

richard

• Global Moderator
hi, we take some time to know more about your wheel.

1. Whether your wheel is powered by USB cable only or not? Or is it powered by an external AC-DC adaptor?
2. please try connecting your wheel to Cross Hair, and then connect Cross Hair to your console,
    as you normally do, but you should not use your wheel to control the game.
    JUST wait for a longer time to see whether the problem will happan again or not?

PS. we suspect your problem is caused by a power failure, which means your wheel draws too much
    current from Cross Hair, expecially when it's in a state that need a lots of energy.

Rix

Strange fact: I tried it with Project Cars and it works. No beeping, no disconections. Same Custom Game as before, same connecting, I didn't change my behaviors.

So I think we can exclude the Power Consumption. Also because I presume the official supported racing wheels drains much more energy then a 100$ entry level peripheral.

Back to the other racing games, which the problem still happen:
1 The GXT 288 it's powered by USB only.

2 I tried two thing:

-connecting everything as always, and then use the ps4 controller to navigate in the menu and then play: without touching the racing wheel. After a couple of minutes here we go: beeping.

-connecting everything as always, navigate in the menu with the controller and start a race. For 10 minutes i've touched nothing, I did not play, just to see. Everything ok, no beeping. As soon I've start playing with the racing wheel, the problem happened again. 

richard

• Global Moderator
Hi, I still insist the problem is caused by power failure.

For all our supported racing wheels (G27/ G25/ Driving Force GT/ Driving Force Pro) are exteranlly powered by an AC/DC adapter.

and the current in need for your wheel are varied based on different games and different scenes.

You may try this:
== set the "Vibrationn strength" in third party controller to "0".

the wheel will draw less current with no vibration.

Rix

Well... it's working!

Really big thanks Richard! I really appreciated your help and your dedication.

richard

• Global Moderator
 8)Glad to know tha!