Author Topic: Reasnow S1 polling rate debate and some questions  (Read 5660 times)

bobacato

Reasnow S1 polling rate debate and some questions
« on: November 03, 2023, 04:31:56 PM »
Good morning to all of Reasnow S1 team, i would like to report some measurment i made for the polling rate and deadzone of the device after using it for 3 years,https://imgur.com/a/oYLSapF
that's 1000hz polling rate using usbhdf on pc , i wanted to say that on pc if i overclocked my controller it will be 0ms, but reasnow s1 device ms is between 0.2~0.7, is that because of the idea of headset or mic connected virtually on reasnow s1 device? because my mouse and keyboard are also 1000 hz, why can't we get 0ms polling rate for the converter? that's the 1st question,
2nd one, why do we have at the screenshot marked above 0.00392 deadzone? can't we set this value to zero?
im using ds4windows? why im using it to minimize the maxzone which will result in making the delay of right stick more lower & better latency and more controlable and i found that 0.84 maxzone is the best for reasnow s1 right stick, also i can  make full detailed guide on how to use the best of reasnow s1 left and right stick for apex legends, i got predator rank for 9 seasons  on pc, + i have won all my 1 vs 1 test in firing range against the most famous players of converters like rayleigh and voltsmg of ximapex-matrix users, even joytomater who is the best using rewasd i have won against him in the 1 vs 1 contest made between us in firing range at apex,
but i want to get more :D i want to explore what i can do if these values are controllabe and set to 0

Austin

Re: Reasnow S1 polling rate debate and some questions
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2023, 05:08:52 PM »
Thank you for actively participating in our daily communication on the forum!
We congratulate you on such a great game record, I will forward the question to the technician and will reply to you as soon as possible.

bobacato

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2023, 03:27:09 PM »
hello hello, any news?

Austin

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2023, 04:46:21 PM »
We're working on it.

bobacato

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2023, 08:55:43 AM »
hello guys hope you're all healthy and feeling good, is their any news about the topic?

Austin

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2023, 10:05:37 AM »
1. You mentioned "overclocked my controller", could you tell us how to do that?
2. What is "usbhdf'? Could you tell us more info about that?
3. We connect S1 to PC for testing(1000Hz polling rate), and here's the result. https://postimg.cc/065ctBWJ
4. We use a Dualshock4 controller for testing, and here's the result. https://postimg.cc/jLQHGhJ6
5. It is normal that a controller has a small drift because the joystick outputs analog value. After the A/D transformation, it will have some deviations. ReaSnow S1 and the game will process it automatically, and would not affect experiences.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 03:46:45 PM by Austin »

bobacato

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2023, 04:44:48 PM »
hidusbf it's a program to overclock the default value of any input like mouse and keyboards and controllers and headset and mics, the default polling rate for a controller is 250hz which equal to the value at your screen shot 3.5ms, so if you overclocked your controller using hidusbf to 1000hz the ms will be 0 inside of ds4 windows, now the value of reasnow s1 at hidusbf without overclocking it is between 4-5 ms which is 0.2~0.7 at ds4 windows, if i overclocked it to 1ms which is 1000hz polling rate, still it will be 0.2~0.7ms at ds4windows not like the normal controller which is 0ms at ds4windows, the point here and which i think  that might be the problem that the mic and headset connector at reasnow s1 virtuall controller puts some delay which is 0.2~0.7ms and this value affects overall the responsivness of the mouse and keyboard, because on pc im not using my mic or headset connected to reasnow s1 because im not using  controller on reasnow1 and im using my own 3.2 usb  hub,that's it if there's anything i can help with tell me more so we can achieve the 0ms measurment at ds4, about the deadzone it's understandable now becaue of the A/D transformation there's these values

Austin

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2023, 05:56:37 PM »
Thanks for the info you provided!
We used the program for overclocking our DS4 controller, and here's the result. https://postimg.cc/4Yvnb4H5
It's the same as setting S1's USB report rate to 1000Hz. You saw 0ms, maybe that's a miscalculation.
By the way, there's no need for absolutely low latency. In 60fps video games, the latency of screen refresh is 16.7ms(120fps is 8.33ms), which is much higher than the S1/DS4 controller's input delay.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 06:03:26 PM by Austin »

bobacato

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2023, 05:06:24 AM »
maybe your measurment depends on the usb you're using for example some motherboards have 3.0 and some advanced motherboards like mine have 3.2 usb hub which makes the recevier usb get constant 1000hz that's why it's 0ms on my side, it's not just absolute low latency for example i play apex legends on 290 frames on 360hz monitor so my ms is really low like 3.1~2,8 but im not talking about the ms for the game engine, im talking about the input delay of the input itself will be very low if it's 0ms, but thanks for the efforts i think it's what it's , it's working great still im just wondering if we were cabaple of doing 0 ms, but thanks so much for the efforts made and for the response and the will to help the customers <3