Author Topic: Help with G-29 deadzone  (Read 6228 times)

Astrobot

Help with G-29 deadzone
« on: September 15, 2022, 05:34:48 AM »
Has anyone had issues with a Logitech G29 deadzone?

There is a pretty significant deadzone in the first 1/4 turn L and R directions of the wheel.  It lacks both feedback and input in game.  I can see the wheel values increasing when I monitor the signals in the app but it has no effect on the game until past the 1/4 point then it's very sensitive.
- how can I make the wheel turn 1:1 ratio?  There should be very easy to access settings for this but I can't find them.

How can I manage the force feedback ?(not just the haptic vibration strength)

When I select the default G29 profile, my game does not recognize any controllers but I can navigate the main PS UI.

I have tried rebooting the system, the app and the devices and relaunching the game but that does not help.  It simply says "please connect a controller" / "Please reconnect the controller assigned to the profile"

When I select or deselect the G29 profile, the app closes, loses Bluetooth connection and all of the devices power cycle.
No other game or custom profiles do this when switching between them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

richard

• Global Moderator
Re: Help with G-29 deadzone
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2022, 10:24:03 AM »
Please answer the following questions as many as possible,
so we can provide better support for you.

1. ReaSnow S1 firmware version/ APP version
2. your console and game
3. Which peripherals are connected to ReaSnow S1? please provide the specific model and producer.
4. which config has been activated in ReaSnow S1 when you are facing this trouble?
5. a video to show us your trouble will be better
you can upload the video to youtube or other file-sharing servers, and send us the link.

this document will be some help:
http://www.reasnow.com/download/ReaSnowApp/Steering%20Wheel.pdf

Astrobot

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2022, 12:18:37 AM »
Thank you for the quick response! 
I think I already answered these in the original post but here they are!

1. ReaSnow S1 firmware version/ APP version
APP:v1.5.8 (64bit)
Firmware:5.6.16
Hardware:1.9.7
Bootloader:3.6.0
Game Profile Database:Synchronized
SN:2a003c000551343234343834

2. your console and game
PS5 (PS4) GTAV

3. Which peripherals are connected to ReaSnow S1? please provide the specific model and producer.
Logitech G-29
(also Thrustmaster T-flight 4 and Sony Move but these work with no issues)

4. which config has been activated in ReaSnow S1 when you are facing this trouble?
I have tried:
the GTA profile - same issues
custom profile and mapped everything manually - same issues
G-29 expert mode - does not connect to the game

5. a video to show us your trouble will be better
I will upload a video asap.  In the meantime, please advise based on this info. Thanks!!!

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2022, 06:10:00 PM »
1. add a legacy config in the "steering wheel", such as NFS.
2. then you can find Game Deadzone and some other options in "More" of this config
there is no expert mode support for GTAV,
so, your wheel and the one in-game will not be 1:1

this document will be some help:
http://www.reasnow.com/download/ReaSnowApp/Steering%20Wheel.pdf

Astrobot

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2022, 03:50:45 AM »
Thank you so much Richard, that helped and it eliminated the deadzone.  Why is this not an option in the other profiles?

Can you work on an expert mode for GTAV? it seems like a popular feature request and would save a lot of grief trying to use your product.

I'd be happy to help create a GTAV profile.  Right now I have it set up for driving, flying, run-and-gunning and I think could be a major selling point.

I have a new issue.
The vibration doesn't work anymore.  I thought it was because I connected the stickshift to my G29 but I disconnected, tried a bunch of my profiles and tried a new profile and it didn't help.  I rebooted my system, my S1, everything.
Please help!

Another thing, when I use a legacy profile, if I assign any new button mapping, I lose abilities with the gamepad.  For example L stick left and right movements. Why does this happen?

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2022, 11:44:54 AM »
1. legacy mode configs are dedicated to the steering wheel, while the GTAV config is designed for mouse and keyboard users,
    they have different optimized options for different users.
2. the game GTAV can't provide support for a real steering wheel, so there will be no expert mode support for it.
3. while using legacy mode config, vibration will be passed to the steering wheel.
    it will not be sent to controllers anymore.

Astrobot

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2022, 10:48:00 PM »
thanks Richard!
for # 3:  I'm referring to the wheel vibrations.  They stopped working altogether.

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2022, 11:24:44 AM »
1. check whether you can get vibrations while using a controller
2. if your controller can get vibrations, S1 can deliver vibrations to your wheel too.
3. if the trouble can't be fixed, please provide the following details:
* Which peripherals are connected to ReaSnow S1? please provide the specific model and producer.
* Which config has been activated in S1? and what are the changes made in it?