Author Topic: Movement Issue In Game  (Read 6441 times)

AYBO-Zekk05

Movement Issue In Game
« on: August 04, 2015, 07:18:30 AM »
So after getting the crosshair going, i load up a game of titan fall.

in game,  my character is always moving to the right as if the D key is ever so slightly being held down.    This issue has never come up before in my PC gaming nor on my Xim4, so this is clearly an issue with either the Crosshair device or software.

Ive tried reseting the system, crosshair, unplugging the devices etc, as this is often an issue known with joysticks when you boot up holding the stick down in a certain direction.

Theres no issues in menus though, just in game.

Any help would be muchly appreciated as Im writing a review for this device for AYBOnline.com and right now , well, it doesnt work. lol

AYBO-Zekk05

Re: Movement Issue In Game
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 07:40:05 AM »
oh yah

Mouse : Logitech G9X
keyboard: black widow ultimate

both on the supported list

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 02:22:27 PM »
If you are always feeling a slow movemeng in the right direction.

Please make sure the value of deadzone for stick is right.
As showed in the attachment.

Or add the value of deadzone for stick a bit, 1 point a time,until you find there is no movement at all if you do not touch any thing.

If this above solves your question, that is because the left stick on your controller is not in the zero point.
It need a bigger deadzone than common ones.

reasnow

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 10:35:03 PM »
I believe your question is caused by the controller not by keyboard or mouse or the Cross Hair.

Please check as following:
1. just connect the controller to USB PORT1 of Cross Hair, then connect Cross Hair to game console. Do not connect keyboard or mouse!

2. If there is still a continous movement, try to move the left stick of your controller up and down, left and right, and return its position to zero manually.

3. If that solves your question, it's should be caused be the left stick of your controller, which is slightly not on its zero point when there is no force on it.

The deadzone of stick in our software(Cross Hair Manager) is used to solve similar questions but crrently this deadzone is effective only when mapping sticks of controller to keys on keyboard or mouse in Config Mode.

So changing of this value will not conquer your problem.

Hopefully, this may answer you well.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 10:52:28 PM by reasnow »