Author Topic: PSVR support?  (Read 2880 times)

Joe123

PSVR support?
« on: August 04, 2017, 07:16:26 PM »
Hi there,

Someone I am currently working with would like to use PSVR. He finds using the buttons on the move controllers difficult, and so we were hoping to try some switches on the floor that he can press with his feet. We have found that, by using the CrossHair, we can set this up using a PS4 controller (using the "move" function within the PS4 controller) and a Don Johnston switch interface with buddy buttons.

For some PSVR games, it is not possible to use the PS4 controller and you need to be able to use the Move controllers (wands), but we have been unable to get these working correctly.

Therefore, please can you let me know if you plan to add PSVR support for peripheries other than the standard PS4 controller? I appreciate this might be very difficult to do, but just thought it would be worth asking

Many thanks for your time

richard

• Global Moderator
Re: PSVR support?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 11:42:25 PM »
hi, can you provide more info of your application scenario? such as game, wand model, and so on. so we can give it a proper evaluation.

Joe123

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 06:48:40 PM »
Hi,

thanks for your reply and sorry for the delay. Initially we tried this with Rush of Blood, using the PlayStation Move controllers. The set up worked when using a DS4 but not the move controllers, although we have found that the DS4 controller needs callibrating a lot more when working through the crosshair.

We have since tried the set up with the PSVR Aim (the gun for Farpoint) with Farpoint, and also tried this game using a DS4 controller but no luck getting it working unfortunately

Many thanks

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 05:52:13 PM »
thanks for the suggestion, this is really not a easy task as you know.
but we are testing Farpoint for some other purpose,
will give it a try if time is permitted.