Author Topic: CrossHair converter shuts off and won’t turn on  (Read 5838 times)

HaroldNiev

CrossHair converter shuts off and won’t turn on
« on: July 09, 2019, 10:22:39 AM »
I’ve been having this problem since several months ago but I haven’t found a way to fix it yet. So this is how it happened: one day I turned on my ps4 to play with my Driving Force GT connected to it so I can use it on my ps4 and after like 2 minutes it shuts off and when I try to connect it again to see if it will turn on again it didn’t so I left it for approximately 1 hour and when I connected it again it turned on for two or three seconds and it turned off again and when I try to connect it again it won’t do anything again. I noticed that if I don’t use it for a long time (like a week) it turns on and work normally but if I disconnect it and connect it again it won’t do anything so this leads me to the conclusion that I can use it normally every day because if I use it one day and try to use it the other day it shuts off and it won’t turn on again. I tried using a new cable but nothing happened. Here’s a video of what happens so you can understand me better: https://nieves-harold-hn.wistia.com/medias/xurmr1lj72

richard

• Global Moderator
Re: CrossHair converter shuts off and won’t turn on
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 03:09:01 PM »
1. Hold down the hidden button of Cross Hair, and then plug Cross Hair into your PC. When the LOGO is green, you can release the button.
A stable green LOGO means your Cross Hair is in REPAIR MODE.
2. Then run Cross Hair Manager on PC, Click the icon at the bottom right corner of the screen and choose "restore factory"
if this failed to help you, please send a video to show us your trouble.

HaroldNiev

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 09:38:44 PM »
Already tried that and it will just turn off before I click on “restore factory”

There’s a link to my video at the end of the post

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 11:52:40 PM »
3 possible reasons:
1. the usb cable
2. the MINI usb socket
3. internal power module

HaroldNiev

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 11:56:43 PM »
I already tried a new cable and still having the same problem, what can I do about those two other things?

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 12:14:48 PM »
then you'd better contact the seller for after-sale service.

HaroldNiev

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2019, 04:31:53 AM »
If anyone have the same issue here’s a temporary solution. Let the CrossHair plugged into a wall adapter overnight, did that and it have been working normally for two days now. My guess is that it might be the internal power module.

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2019, 10:11:35 AM »
a strange solution, but thank you for sharing too:)

HaroldNiev

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2019, 09:50:09 PM »
So after several months of letting it plugged the night before I want to use the CH the trick don’t want to work anymore. Does someone have a solution for this? What should I do? It have been more than 1 year since I bought this so I don’t think I’m still under warranty

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2019, 10:34:41 PM »
can you send a video to show us your trouble?
showing us all your connections and the status of our CH after being powered up.

Gator358

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2019, 02:11:31 PM »
So it craps out and we’ve got to contact the after seller???? WOW

HaroldNiev

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2019, 10:15:37 PM »
Finally found a solution. Since it wasn’t working I took the risk of dissembling the CH and cleaned the board with acetone and a toothbrush then I baked it in the oven at 400F for 10 minutes and it’s working like new again. Also I noticed that before I did all that the LED was flashing but almost turned off so that’s why I proceeded to bake it. There was something contaminating a connection and I think it was shorted.

Definitely not the best thing you can do but since it wasn’t working and I know a little about electronics I really wasn’t loosing anything at all

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2019, 10:46:57 AM »
wow, you are really a hardcore reasnower:)