Author Topic: Logitech G27 issue or not?  (Read 8162 times)

Ayrton_Gab

Logitech G27 issue or not?
« on: May 29, 2020, 08:07:30 AM »
I own the Cross Hair since the first F1 Codemasters switch to G29, I think it was F1 2017?
Anyway, I don't remember exactly when I bought it, then I have seen there's a different firmware and setup to use for people who bought it before.

I'm using the old firmware (1.xx) not the 4.xx and never had problems as long I can remember.

But it's since this year playing F1 2019, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars 2 and now GT Sport that I noticed something different. I can still play but each one of these games react different with G27. For example with F1 2019 I had to tweak the calibration and dead zones because the G27 throttle and brakes auto apply power.

In Assetto Corsa and GT sport unfortuntately there's no ingame calibration so the problem is unsolved. In GT Sport my brake is applying by itself sometimes, is it normal?!?

I mean I can race and set fast times but it's very disappointing because I could be more competitive. I've read also that can be a potentiometer issue in G27...

Normally when i use cross hair i first turn on ps4, then login, turn off controller and tgen connect cable of crosshair, is it the right way? Please tell me if i can solve this, thanks!

richard

• Global Moderator
Re: Logitech G27 issue or not?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 11:36:24 AM »
what is the specific firmware version you are using?
btw, the way you are using Cross Hair is correct:)

Ayrton_Gab

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 10:07:54 PM »
I'm using 1.73.64

I've read that GT Sport work better with Cross Hair if it's the only game in the configuration, but I need also F1 2019. I never resetted the Cross Hair, 1 month ago I've updated the firmware since it was a bit I didn't update it and it reverted by itself to another previous version. Then I've updated again and this time I have 1.73.64

Maybe I need to use the newer firmware 4.xx? I think I've bought Cross Hair with F1 2017 so maybe 1.73 firmware is good for me.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 10:10:29 PM by Ayrton_Gab »

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 11:41:33 PM »
no, please stick to the v1 firmwares, the latest one is V1.73.68.
your cross hair will not be compatible with V4 firmware.

and the support for GT sport and F1 2019 shall have the same control if you are using our expert mode configs.

and if the trouble is still there, please send a video to show us your trouble.

Ayrton_Gab

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2020, 08:11:35 PM »
I've opened the pedals board, removed all the dust and pushed the potentiometers down. G27 is perfect now. If you have this issue do like this. It wasn't crosshair.