Author Topic: any method for typing marco other than mobile app?  (Read 3419 times)

bobwu317

any method for typing marco other than mobile app?
« on: January 05, 2021, 06:51:27 PM »
Hi,

I need a macro with a series of button combos, few minutes long, over a hundred buttons input, most of them are just repeatting over and over again. Mobile app is easy using, testing for some short macros but is really annoying if you have a long sequence to input. Wonder if there's a way to scripting those .rsm file with computer(at least I can copy and paste or even with something like for loop to make it easy to acheive). I tried to export .rsm to my computer and use text editor(sublime) to open it, it seems like a binary file only.

also want to report some issues
1) I cannot import any .rsm files using the app, it just shows an empty list without any directory/file I can select.
2) while editting macro with app, after making some changes, it automatically goes back to top, and I have to scroll down again to where I need to edit next, not sure if it's a general issue
andriod 10, app version 1.3.6

really appreciate your help!

richard

• Global Moderator
Re: any method for typing marco other than mobile app?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 11:22:03 PM »
1. yes, rsm file is binary. and it's can be edited on PC.
2. if you are using our latest firmware and app, you can "copy & paste" macros in your app now. no need to use "export & import"
3. will check the editing issue mentioned above and get back to you later.

bobwu317

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 02:24:57 AM »
Hi Richard,

1.Is there any readable like code or something for mannual editing instead of those binary .rsm? I'm wondering how those .rsm generates, like what's the corresponding binary for each button, timing input, some documentation is good enough.
2.copy paste is convenient for short marco inside the app, totally agreed. While for long marco, especially with a long button combo inputs, using mobile app is really annoying, especially with the issue I met, automatically goes up, I have to scroll down and find the line I need to edit... If I need to import something from PC, only way is to import/export right?

1. yes, rsm file is binary. and it's can be edited on PC.
2. if you are using our latest firmware and app, you can "copy & paste" macros in your app now. no need to use "export & import"
3. will check the editing issue mentioned above and get back to you later.

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 11:07:06 AM »
can you elaborate on why you will need such a long and complicated macro?
you can send us an email if you prefer that.
support@reasnow.com