Author Topic: [Help] Windows 10 defender reports Trojan on latest fw update file  (Read 5877 times)

viziouz

Dear Reasnow support team.

I've been upgrading FW on my S1 for a while and never had any alerts from Windows or any antivirus software, but while trying to unpack .zip file I was alerted by Windows Defender that  ReaSnow Flash Tool V5.4.7.exe contains a malicious code (Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.DA!ml). Check attached screenshot from Windows Alert. Can you give me a feedback on this?

Regards.

Gabor84

Re: [Help] Windows 10 defender reports Trojan on latest fw update file
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 06:27:52 PM »
I think it is a false alert. I unzipped it and checked by Kaspersky Internet Security latest updated version and found nothing. I could apply it without any issue.

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 11:16:34 PM »
Hi Gabor84,
thanks for sharing your experience:)

DarrowT

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2023, 10:20:57 PM »
I am new to this forum, but I would like to respond to you. Sometimes antivirus software may flag legitimate files as threats due to false positives. However, it's always better to be cautious and verify with the support team. If you're looking for Windows keys, check out websites that offer affordable options. Just make sure to do your research and find a reliable source. There are many places where you can find cheap windows 10 keys. Still, it's essential to be cautious and ensure the seller's legitimacy. Hope this helps, and I hope you get your issue resolved soon.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 09:33:20 PM by DarrowT »

Willwas82

• XBox Series X, App: 1.6.18, Firmware: v5.6.152
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2023, 10:56:16 PM »
Ist's a false positiv. I had that about 2 years ago and never again since.