Author Topic: Azeron classic support issues on V5.4.21 firmware  (Read 4214 times)

Alan

Azeron classic support issues on V5.4.21 firmware
« on: May 06, 2021, 09:08:46 PM »
Hi Mr. Richard,

You have kindly provided Azeron Classic (azeron.eu) support as of April-21-2020 firmware

I am using Azeron on S1, Logitech mouse and Xbox Elite 1 controller all connected to Xbox Series X
Unfortunately I think after V5.4.21 firmware I have 2 issues with it.
Azeron is keypad which has config stored onboard, which let's it use in different emulations.
But with S1 it works only in Joystick emulation. So basically S1 sees it as the Joystick (X,Y and a lot of buttons).

On S1 I can use it using so called "Controller and Joystick" config OR "Keyboard and mouse" config.
I am using it in "Keyboard and mouse" as it gives me 2 options not available on "Controller and Joystick" config:
- Sensitivity
- More (YX Ratio, MIN Speed, Smoothness, Curve Editor)

Issue 1:
After S1 boot, select APEX config. Left stick is mapped: UP,DOWN=Joystick Y+,Y- and LEFT,RIGHT=Joystick X-,X+
Switch on I/O monitor
Move Elite controller left stick, Monitor shows ELITE LS AND translated LS movement
Move Azeron stick, Monitor shows Joystick X,Y AND translated LS movement
Move Elite controller left stick, Monitor shows ELITE LS AND no any translated movement
From this point Elite left stick is not triggering any translated LS movement.

Additional fact: Above scenario works correctly in  "Controller and Joystick" config
Issue 2:
When Azeron stick returns to center, sometimes Monitor shows +1 or -1 and translated LS +-1
If I set "Third party controller deadzone" =2 it is not correcting the situation
How to make S1 ignore this noise?

Additional info: it can be removed in  "Controller and Joystick" config using Joystick->More->Deadzone=2 setting, but 
as I said, in  "Controller and Joystick" config I can not use Sensitivity and other settings.

Thanks

Alan

richard

• Global Moderator
Re: Azeron classic support issues on V5.4.21 firmware
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 10:07:25 AM »
if the "Third party controller deadzone" in Apex Legends' config is set to 10,
will you have the same 2 issues?

Alan

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 03:51:18 AM »
Hi Richard,

I have set More->Third Party Controller Deadzone =10.
It is not influencing Joystick X,Y noise such as X=+-1 or Y=+-1

As for Issue1, I have found that same problem occurs in "keyboard and joystick" config.
In essence S1 is not summing Joystick and Third party controller LS translated values XY: when I will hold Azeron stick X+ with one hand and try to move Elite LS Y+ with another, S1 will not add Y+ movement to translated XY. But it happily shows it in monitor as Elite LS Y+ untranslated value.

LikeABoss

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 09:30:56 AM »
Alan it’s an Azeron issue maybe a bug or something. But I checked mine too and it was doing it with any converter. Go into Azeron software on your pc and re calibrate your left thumb stick. Should fix your issue.

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 10:34:50 AM »
@LikeABoss  thanks for sharing your experience:)

@Alan,
if you still have trouble, please record your phone screen while the I/O monitor is enabled,
please also show us that your third-party controller deadzone has already been set to 10 in this video.
we need to check some more details of yours.