Author Topic: Crosshair Xbox series compatibilty  (Read 7480 times)

Gabor84

Crosshair Xbox series compatibilty
« on: October 02, 2021, 04:13:13 PM »
Hello Richard \O/
I hope you are doing well.
I just would like to ask that Reasnow Crosshair which was bought before Autumn 2017 (Hardware Ver:<=1.7.6) so is it possible to use with the new generation  Xbox series S or series X ?  I do not see in the support list the series S or X  only  Xbox One/S/X  this is why I would like to know.

thank you in advance

richard

• Global Moderator
Re: Crosshair Xbox series compatibilty
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 09:13:14 PM »
it might work with an XBox One controller as its authentication controller on XSX consoles.

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2021, 09:16:11 PM »
but it's recommended to use our latest ReaSnow S1, as all other producers will recommend:)

Gabor84

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2021, 12:34:29 AM »
Heyy Richard,
Thank you for your reply.  Actually I have been using S1 since November 2019 and I think it is the best adapter that I've ever had. I just gave my old crosshair away to one of my friend who has just purchased an Xbox Series S console and he wants to use it with that. Then he may have to invest in the S1 as well but first we will see how crosshair works with the current Xbox generation and will reply later.

Btw I also sold my PS4 pro and purchased an Xbox series X that has not arrived yet. Hopefully it will work with S1 without any problem and workaround solution. The user guidance says that 'For Xbox series, no special settings are required'.  Does it pertain to the communication method of controller  too ?  I mean do I have to change the commuinication method to usb cable in Xbox Seres X or let it communicate wirelessly or does it even matter at all on Xbox series ?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 01:01:05 AM by Gabor84 »

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2021, 05:00:57 PM »
no need to change anything in your xbox series x console:) full support!

Gabor84

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2021, 08:30:55 PM »
Hello Richard \O/

Just a little update.  We have tested the old Crosshair (Hardware Ver:<=1.7.6.) on Xbox series S.
 It works without any problem on Xbox Series S (with its controller). It detects the controller at once and works well. We tried it in Battlefield 5 so far.

Latest version: (June-25-2020)
Cross Hair Manager V1.73.74

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2021, 04:46:36 PM »
Hi Gabor,
thanks for sharing your experience:)