Author Topic: PS5 <-- ReaSnow S1 (Firmware - 5.4.31) RGB Cycling  (Read 6063 times)

MorganM

PS5 <-- ReaSnow S1 (Firmware - 5.4.31) RGB Cycling
« on: October 25, 2021, 11:10:24 AM »
Hello! I just received my ReaSnow S1 Crossfire and was pumped to plug it in and get it going.  Unfortunately I'm running into an issue getting it to connect properly to the PS5. I've provided some info below to show what I have and what I have done. Please let me know if you spot something I'm missing, thank you for any help you can provide!

I've updated the firmware as instructed. I've also plugged in my third party PS4 Controller into the USB1 slot (Single slot on the left side) in ReaSnow and plugged a Logitech G29 into USB2 slot (Front side Left plug). I will then plug the ReaSnow S1 USB Cord into the USB slot on PS5.

Plugging into the Front USB slot on PS5 seems to cause the ReaSnow LED to light up very dimly and flash every 1-2 seconds, never fully illuminated. (Shown in video linked below)

I instead then tried the top USB on the back of the PS5 which does seem to initiate the ReaSnow S1 to start booting. Fully Green light then changes to White and then briefly to Red and a Red Flash or two before staring to RGB Cycle through the colors at random. (Shown in video linked below)

I did make sure to enable the Controller setting for USB Cord connectivity on my PS5 before going through the below.

Based on your Warning and Solutions chart this seems like it could be a bad connection to console or a wireless controller is connected. I've turned on the console with the power button on the console rather then a controller before trying this and it sits at the Press PS button to sign in screen. I have also tried restarting and connecting a controller wirelessly to sign in and then logging out of that profile and shutting on the controller before plugging in the ReaSnow but the same issues happens.

I took a short Video showing the setup and steps. Pardon my difficulty plugging the USB into the back of the console! =P

Here is a screenshot showing what is displayed in the App while it is RGB Cycling. ReaSnow Android App - Stuck on this screen while RGB Cyling

Attached is a screenshot of the Firmware Version seen in the Firmware Updater in Windows 10.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 11:19:36 AM by MorganM »

richard

• Global Moderator
Re: PS5 <-- ReaSnow S1 (Firmware - 5.4.31) RGB Cycling
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 09:23:38 PM »
it seems that your trouble is caused by the "3rd-party controller" which you are using,
it is not an authorized and tested one as listed in this document:
http://www.reasnow.com/download/ReaSnowApp/workarounds%20for%20PS5.pdf

MorganM

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 01:13:00 AM »
Thanks Richard! I was hoping that wasn't it but it's also an easy fix. I'll go swap that out this afternoon and report back!

MorganM

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2021, 01:30:32 PM »
Well Richard, you nailed it! As soon as I swapped out the first controller for a Hori Wired Mini Controller (PS4) it worked right away. Thanks for the help and confirmation. At least anyone else with a TTXTech Champion Wired PS4 controller can be aware that it wont work as an authenticating PS4 third party controller. ;)