Author Topic: Can a USB splitter/Hub be used to add a third accessory?  (Read 3779 times)

dylan

Can a USB splitter/Hub be used to add a third accessory?
« on: December 31, 2021, 04:49:15 AM »
I have a wired mouse, wired keyboard, and a Logitech g29 wheel. I have been trying to plug in the mouse and keyboard into a USB splitter and plugging the USB splitter into slot 2. Then plugging the wheel into slot three. The wheel works in this arrangement but the keyboard and mouse do not. The laser on the mouse doesn?t even turn on, and the keyboard and mouse do not show up in the app, just the wheel and ?USB hub?. Is there a way for me to use a keyboard, a mouse, and a wheel at the same time? Or are there hardware/software limitations in the ReaSnow that make this impossible? I do believe I am one or two software updates behind, but nothing in the patch notes talks about a feature like that, so I haven?t updated it yet.

richard

• Global Moderator
Re: Can a USB splitter/Hub be used to add a third accessory?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2022, 12:33:20 PM »
what is the USB splitter you are using?
and your mouse and keyboard?

dylan

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2022, 11:52:25 PM »
Verbatim Slimline Corded USB Keyboard
Logitech B100 Corded Mouse
And

USB 2.0 Splitter 2 Port Cable A Male to Dual Female Y Adapter - FAOTUR 1 in 2 Out USB 2.0 Hub Power Cord Extension Splitters Cable for Fast Charging/Data Transfer/Laptop/Mac/Car, 11.8inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08YFKJLCH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_V5E3NJTA92GSCA69FKTN?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 .

is the usb splitter

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2022, 11:18:24 AM »
you need a USB 2.0 hub, not a USB splitter.

dylan

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2022, 12:59:41 AM »
Ok, I just ordered this Should this work?

Sabrent 4 Port Portable USB 2.0 Hub (9.5" Cable) for Ultra Book, MacBook Air, Windows 8 Tablet PC (HB-MCRM) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L2442H0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_GBY1HF2GGX0RM7986NTV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Austin

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2022, 08:30:27 AM »
Yes, it will work