Author Topic: Bad S1 controller USB port?  (Read 2529 times)

Tegra

Bad S1 controller USB port?
« on: February 24, 2022, 03:33:39 AM »
I think I got a bad S1.  I've updated the firmware.  I've tried different cables to the controller to the single port on the S1 and depending on the firmware, I've tried the one that is recommended and even the newer one, and none work.  The newest one that I can select for firmware is 5.4.8 and that one at least gives me beep that it is unable to communicate.  The current firmware, I don't get the beep.  I see the controller light up as the S1 is booting and then it just cycles RGB.  I am able to use that same cable to the PS4 just fine on the controller and it works.  The newer firmware the controller lights up during the bootup... the S1 cycles... controller lights up again... then S1 goes solid red and I get the beep from the S1.  Single beep nonstop for unable to authenticate.  It's a PS4 dual shock controller.

richard

• Global Moderator
Re: Bad S1 controller USB port?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2022, 12:44:15 PM »
*please use our latest stable firmware(v5.4.45) and APP(v1.4.3)
http://www.reasnow.com/forum/index.php?topic=2480.0

* if this fails to help, please answer the following questions as many as possible,
so we can provide better support for you.

1. ReaSnow S1 firmware version/ APP version
2. your console and game
3. When did you purchase this ReaSnow S1?
Does it ever work properly?
4. The color and state(breathing or stable) of the LED indicator on ReaSnow S1 when you are in trouble?
do you hear any continuous beeps? how many beeps do you hear in one cycle?
5. Which peripherals are connected to ReaSnow S1? please provide the specific model and producer.
PS: All peripheral should be connected to ReaSnow S1 first, before connecting it to a game console.
6. which config has been activated in ReaSnow S1 when you are facing this trouble?
7. a video to show us your trouble will be better
you can upload the video to youtube or other file-sharing servers, and send us the link.

And this video might also be some help for you:

ReaSnow S1 Quick Guide
https://youtu.be/CFdJpR5Zj0A

Tegra

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2022, 01:40:39 AM »
1.ReaSnow firmware is now 5.4.45 and there is no change.  I cannot get the APP to work as the controller never is able to connect to the device.
2. PS4 console.  Game is irrelevant here as it is the device that is unable to work.  Controller never connects and device just cycles RGB.  I've tried 6 different cables to the controller, none work.  All cables work from the controller to the PS4 though.  Yes controller is OFF when it's hooked up to the ReaSnow device.
3. Purchased 3 days ago.  No it never worked properly.
4. RGB cycling all the time.
5. Contoller, Keyboard and Mouse (Dualshock 4 PS4 not 3rd party), ( USB Logitech Keyboard and Mouse wired not wireless)
6. None since I cannot get the controller to authenticate to be able to use the APP

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2022, 10:51:56 AM »
please try connecting your PS4 controller to a PC,
if you can find this controller in "Printers and Devices" on this PC.
it means your controller and the USB cable are good.

then you can use the same USB cable to connect your PS4 controller to USB1 of ReaSnow S1.

if more support in need, a video to show us your trouble will be better
you can upload the video to youtube or other file-sharing servers, and send us the link.