Author Topic: Bungie ban xim/cronus  (Read 3730 times)

S1User

« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 01:39:21 AM by S1User »

Shockwave

• 1337 Gamer
Re: Bungie ban xim/cronus
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2023, 04:48:33 AM »
I've played 4 - 5 ranked matches yesterday and did not saw any message for my account. Also played Battlefield 1, 4, 2042 and nothing changed.

This conversation about banning peripherals comes and goes like all previous years. They develop something, the developers of these peripherals find a way to bypass and life goes on.

For me, it sounds like a conversation they MUST have to calm down the nerves of their player base, otherwise people would quit the game.

Despite that, the ideal world would be Microsoft working on preventing these peripherals via the console directly, right? Do you see any communication from Microsoft / SONY about it?

The amount of money involved, the player base number they would lose...

Also, there's people using these devices to play other games that are not competitive, such as Skyrim which sucks on Controller. This cannot be a one-sided decision, so I guess nothing is going to happen like always.

And I'm pretty sure the ReaSnow team is already aware and working on that with priority.
Console: Xbox Series X
Controller: Series X Custom Controller by Stelf - 4 paddles
Keyboard: Keychron K2V2 White Backlight
Mouse: Logitech G603 12.000 DPI
Adaptor: ReaSnow S1

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2023, 10:22:17 AM »
for now, it's recommended to disable all macros and AA.
and add some to Stick Response Time in More in our APP.

we are working to deal with the new detection issues as we did previously,
will provide an update once it's necessary.

Willwas82

• XBox Series X, App: 1.6.18, Firmware: v5.6.152
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2023, 11:33:01 AM »
It's about macros and scripts. They can be spotted by Cronus and Titan. Bungie introduced Mousetrap. Activision is in the process of banning Cronus and Titan. Unfortunately mouse adapters from Xim and Reasnow have also been mentioned in some forums. In the Xim forum it was mentioned that the macros should be given some kind of radomization so that they are not discovered. Also, the adapters should not be set to 1000hz for the time being. I could observe that when I had the adapter on 1000hz, I got a noticeable number of PC players. But once I set it to 250hz I only had console players. For both S1 and Xim. Can anybody confirm this?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 11:37:57 AM by Willwas82 »

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2023, 11:37:05 AM »
yes, we are assessing all the possibilities including macros.
thanks for sharing the news and info!

Willwas82

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2023, 02:51:01 PM »
I'll test later when I get home from work to see if I get a message when No Recoil Macro is activated.

Willwas82

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2023, 02:40:50 AM »
Update:

I had just played CoD MW2 with activated No Recoil, InGame Sens for ADS and HIP on 20 and got no warning. So I would say that, for now, it's only Cronus and Titan devices that are somehow being discovered. But don't push your luck.

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2023, 10:10:08 AM »
thanks for sharing!