Author Topic: Play old arcade games using flight stick?  (Read 2709 times)

Arcade flighstick

Play old arcade games using flight stick?
« on: April 01, 2023, 09:29:49 PM »
Hello,
I recently set up ReaSnow for my Xbox series x with a racing wheel and hotas and I was hoping to play old arcade games (Midway Arcade Origins) using my flight stick (Thrustmaster T.Flight) as a joystick.  I didn't see a guide, but I tried mapping the dpad and left stick to the flight stick (right stick) but it doesn't work correctly.  For example, when I try to move my character up, sometimes he goes up but then goes back down.  Sometimes he just moves down or jitters around.  Even when I am trying to map the flight stick to the left stick, it appears to be receiving multiple inputs at the same time from the flight stick.  I click to map left stick up and move my flight stick up.  Sometimes it maps as right stick up and sometimes as right stick down.  I looked through the "more" settings then "joystick - more" settings but was unable to find an explanation on what these settings do (mode a, b, c, d, e for each axis?).  Does my issue have something to do with setting the curve for the axis or adjusting dead zones?  I just want to play Pacman and other old arcade games using the flight stick as a joystick.  I was able to set up the thumb dpad on flight stick for these controls, and it controls characters perfect, but I don't want to use thumb only constantly.  Everything else works as anticipated (mostly bought to play GTA with racing wheel) and I'm happy to have found this product.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2023, 09:55:17 PM by Arcade flighstick »

richard

• Global Moderator
Re: Play old arcade games using flight stick?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2023, 11:13:31 AM »
mostly, this issue is caused by the wrong stick input mode.
enable I/O monitor on our APP, you will find some unwanted inputs,
even if you do not touch any slider or stick on your flight stick.
1. move the slider to the proper position so it will give no output
2. if the sticks give signals when it's not touched, find which are them. e.g. RX+(99)
    then go to "joystick-more", change RX mode until it gives no signal when it's not touched.