Author Topic: Changing profile on the fly  (Read 5778 times)

sergiotecnico

Changing profile on the fly
« on: January 27, 2017, 11:23:55 PM »
Dear Reasnow

I bought my Cross Hair and got it yesterday.

I have tested on PS4, everything worked perfectly, both as expert and legacy mode.

I also have tested with Xbox One, it also worked but I am still trying to fine tune the settings so I can race in Forza Horizon 3 in legacy mode.

The only thing I couldn't do was change the profiles. Lets say PS4 for example. I have set DriveClub as F1 hotkey and Startup profile, also I have set NFS Rivals as F2 hotkey.

I connect the CrossHair in the PS4 with G27 connected and also with a keyboard connected so I can change the profile when I want.

CrossHair starts with DriveClub profile as I have set, and I can play fine. Then I exit DriveClub and want to play some NFS Rival.

When I press F2 on my keybord the CrossHair detects my command and do some kind of reboot, I think to change the profile, but after some seconds it comes back with the DriveClub profile active and I cannot play NFS Rival.

The same happens if I set NFS Rivals as startup profile and try to change to DriveClub profile, now pressing F1. The adapter reboots and comes back as the startup profile and not the one I have pressed the hotkey.

Am I doing something wrong? How do I change from one profile to another, always using the wheel as my controller, so I don't have to connect the adapter to the PC and change the startup profile very time.

richard

• Global Moderator
Re: Changing profile on the fly
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 10:24:58 AM »
1. are you using the latest version V1.45.0? it can be downloaded from here:
http://www.reasnow.com/forum/index.php?topic=25.0
2. PLEASE let me know all the details of your connections and steps so I can reproduce it.

sergiotecnico

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 03:21:28 AM »
Yes, I am using latest CrossHair Manager, V1.45. Also CrossHair is with latest firmware.

Through CrossHair Manager I have set DriveClub profile as startup profile, green color. Also hotkey for this profile as F1.
NFS Rivals profile was set as shortcut F2, blue color.

G27 conected to CrossHair on one of two frontal usb ports.
Logitech K400 Plus keyboard connected to CrossHair on the other of two frontal usb ports.
PS4 original controller connected on CrossHair on the side usb port.
Connect CrossHair to PS4.
Turn PS4 on.
CrossHair turns on and do some blinking until its light its breathing green.
Load DriveClub, the G27 wheel works fine on the game as G29 wheel (expert mode).
Close DriveClub.
Load NFS Rivals.
The wheel doesn't work, because CrossHair have DriveClub profile loaded at the moment, still green color.
Press F2 on keyboard to change the profile to NFS Rivals.
Then CrossHair blink some different colors then its light turns off for a second then its light is back breathing green.
The wheel still doesn't work with NFS Rivals.

The same happens if I set NFS Rivals as startup profile. It works fine with NFS Rivals but if I try to use the shortcut key to change the profile to DriveClub it blinks and comes back to NFS Rivals profile.

Any idea what could be wrong?

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 10:44:37 AM »
we have tested it on our system, but found no similar result,
can you copy all the info showed in a popup help window by clicing the question mark in main UI of Cross Hair Manager.
that may help us to locate the reason of your problem.

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 10:18:14 AM »
hi, we checked and tested your report again, although we can no reproduce the same problem as you have,
we did find a bug of changing between expert and legacy mode profiles.

please download and test the beta version for you.
http://www.reasnow.com/download/software/Cross%20Hair%20ManagerV1.45.1.zip

it might help you.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 11:19:24 AM by richard »

sergiotecnico

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 10:40:16 PM »
Thank you Richard
I will try it.