Author Topic: MMO Mouse Numpad Compatibility  (Read 7308 times)

ƁĿǍZƐȊŦƘĬŊ

MMO Mouse Numpad Compatibility
« on: November 12, 2017, 11:42:24 AM »
Context: I own a UtechSmart Venus (I don't how link-in-text works so I am just going to paste the URL) http://www.utechsmart.com/product/show/id/477/US-D16400-GM
The reason I bought a mouse without so many buttons, 19 to be exact, is so I could play shooters by aiming with a mouse in my right hand and move using an analog joystick (PlayStation Move Navigation Controller) in my left hand.  My old mouse only had 5 buttons, which is clearly insufficient for most modern shooters when using a controller instead of a keyboard.

Problem: Despite my current mouse having 19 (programmable) buttons, I can only get at most 5 of them to function when playing a game using my Cross Hair.  No matter what keyboard key or function I map to my various mouse buttons, the only ones that actually function when using my Cross Hair are: Left Click, Right Click, Middle Mouse, Mouse Button 4 (Backward) and Mouse Button 5 (Forward.)  This renders my current, MMO mouse no more useful than a standard mouse, and severely restricts the games I have been able to play thus far. 

I have since read the list of compatible devices and understand that mine is not listed there, and as such, I do not expect my current mouse will ever function as it was fully intended. 

Question: Having consulted the Cross Hair compatibility guide, I see that other MMO mice, such as the Logitech G600 and Razer Naga variants, are in fact listed.  I plan on purchasing one of these soon, (likely the Razer Naga 2014 in particular) and I would like verified confirmation that every one of the 19 total buttons will function when utilized alongside my PlayStation Move Navigation Controller whilst plugged into my Cross Hair.

I apologize for the wall of text, and lack of formatting knowledge, but I would greatly appreciate any assistance that I could get on avoiding another incompatible purchase, and finally being able to take full advantage of the awesomeness that is the Cross Hair.

richard

• Global Moderator
Re: MMO Mouse Numpad Compatibility
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 10:21:25 AM »
before buying a new mouse,
please let us have some more details of your mouse.
1. specific settings of these 19 buttons in UtechSmart Venus driver.
    you should set these buttons as standard keys from keyboard such as: 1,2,3 or a, b, c etc.
    please send a screenshot of your setting in mouse driver to support@reasnow.com,
    if you can't set it right yourself.
2. please also send your configs in Cross Hair, which is used for these mouse, and let us know which buttons can not function.
will check for you.

ƁĿǍZƐȊŦƘĬŊ

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 01:59:44 PM »
I will attach 6 images to the posts following this one, each one showing a screenshot of my keybinds.  The first 3 show the keys I have bound to my mouse using the UtechSmart driver software.  The remaining 3 show the buttons I have mapped using the Cross Hair Manager, specifically the version for the Nintendo Switch.  I have used both the Switch version, and the standard version (PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360) and I had the same result in every game I have attempted to play, including: Halo: Master Chief Collection, Halo 5: Gaurdians, Halo Reach, Splatoon 2, and Super Mario Odyssey.

Of all the buttons/keys that I have mapped, only the Left Click, Right Click, and Middle Mouse Button actually function in-game.  I have also had success using the scroll-wheel, as well as the "Forward" and "Backward" buttons.  However, no keyboard key I bind my mouse to using the UtechSmart Driver actually function in-game.  I should also mention that my mouse does in fact have on-board memory, and I have even used it's numpad keybindings to control various games and emulators on my Smartphone.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 02:03:27 PM by ƁĿǍZƐȊŦƘĬŊ »

ƁĿǍZƐȊŦƘĬŊ

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 02:05:23 PM »
> Mouse Driver Key Bindings Attachment Reply

ƁĿǍZƐȊŦƘĬŊ

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 02:06:43 PM »
> Cross Hair Manager Key Binds Attachment Reply

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 03:34:03 PM »
Hi,

please follow pdf file in this topic carefully:
http://www.reasnow.com/forum/index.php?topic=1524.0

press all buttons on mouse, which you want to use, in step 3.
and provide us the sequence of these buttons.

it might help us to find the reason.

for bushound support and data analysis, please send your email to : support@reasnow.com

ƁĿǍZƐȊŦƘĬŊ

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 04:40:25 PM »
My initial question I posed in my original post was whether the Razer Naga 2014's programmable buttons would function in game, as the Cross Hair Hardware Support Guide http://www.reasnow.com/forum/index.php?topic=27.0 listed the Razer Naga 2014 as a compatible device. 

It would appear there has been some sort of error or miscommunication, as the free-trial version of the software you instructed me to use, Bus Hound, cannot be customized with the specific settings that were required in the PDF.  (The "Capture Capacity" is locked to 16 kilobytes and the "Max Record Length" is locked to 8 bytes.)  The only way to unlock these settings is to purchase the full version of Bus Hound.  Seeing as how the price of said "full version" is an astronomical $800, I can't imagine this purchase is honestly something you are expecting that I, or any other of your customers, would actually make.  The only rational explanations would be that either the price was hiked, or the trial version was changed to no longer allow the settings to be properly adjusted, since the publication of the PDF you linked to me.

And this is why I brought up miscommunication.  If there is an easy, and affordable way to have my UtechSmart Venus MMO Mouse to be fully compatible with my Cross Hair, that would be swell.  However, I have already ordered a Razer Naga 2014, which I plan on using as my primary gaming mouse, and I would like to confirm that the additional numpad side buttons it has will function when playing a game using my Cross Hair.  Given that the Razer Naga 2014 is specifically mentioned under "Mice" on the Hardware Support List, it would logically follow that your company has data to back up these claims of compatibility.  I think then, that it is a perfectly reasonable request that I receive confirmation of said devices functionality, without having spend an arbitrarily inordinate sum money on a piece of software I will literally never use again.

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 05:08:06 PM »
yes, Razer Naga 2014 will be ok. you can use all buttons on it.
and we do not know you have ordered it,
and just trying our best to to support your UtechSmart Venus,
or find the reason.

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 05:30:31 PM »

ƁĿǍZƐȊŦƘĬŊ

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 05:32:06 PM »
I understand you were only trying to assist me, but you have to realize there is no way any sane person would spend $800 on some random software from a website that looks like it was made in 2002. 

I do however greatly appreciate the confirmation of the Razer Naga 2014's compatibility.  I actually just bought it on whim after I made my original post due to finding a limited time deal on one for $27. 

Once again, I would be happy to run any software you would like me to in order to improve the performance and compatibility of the Cross Hair.  I have seen at least one other person with the exact same mouse and and the exact same issues that I had, and even though I have found my own solution, I would like to help prevent other people from going through these same issues, and potentially getting discouraged from using your product as a result.  So if there is any way I can test the functionality of my UtechSmart Venus MMO Mouse in order to improve its compatibility with the Cross Hair, I would be down to do so, provided I can utilize said software for free.

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 05:38:32 PM »
compeletely understand!
so please try the above link:)
looking forward to your further feedback.

ƁĿǍZƐȊŦƘĬŊ

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2017, 06:39:10 PM »
Thanks for getting me a key, I will follow the instructions to the letter when using this software, and then report back with the results tomorrow after I get someone sleep, ship my out-going package, and pick up my incoming card.