Author Topic: Question About Macros  (Read 6243 times)

CEO Atlas

Question About Macros
« on: September 05, 2019, 01:18:08 AM »
Hello! I've just recently purchased the Reasnow S1 and, if I may say, it's about the best thing I've used so far. I can finally compete with my console-god friends on even turf with KBM.

I've mostly been playing Splatoon 2 since I got it, and I want to know a bit more about macros, since the instructions weren't very clear on it.

Primarily, for SP2, I want to know if there's rapid-click macros, where holding click could rapidly swing an inkbrush, or rapidfire a squeezer at full strength, or even press one button to charge a booyah bomb.

I've experimented with the macros a bit, but all I've really been able to accomplish is the macro letting me have a button bound to two or more keys, and that's not what I want to accomplish.

If this has already been covered elsewhere, my apologies. I did try to search the forum before posting, but didn't find anything covering this topic.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance.

richard

• Global Moderator
Re: Question About Macros
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 12:21:11 PM »
if our manual can't help you,
please provide some more details for those macros which you want to create.
1. what will you do to fulfill these functions with a controller in hand
2. a video to show us the details will be better

will try our best to create them for you:)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 12:32:37 PM by richard »

CEO Atlas

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 01:40:50 AM »
Actually, I think I figured it out. I think I was misreading the manual. I didn't realize I needed an empty key at the end for spamming one key.

I do have a question about macros assigned to already-bound keys. With the case in Splatoon 2 of brushes and squeezers, if I bind the macro to left click, which is already bound as back right trigger (shoot main weapon), then if I want the macro to spam the trigger while holding left click, will my normal keybind mess with the bound macro (as in, despite the macro spamming the trigger, the game doesn't recognize it because the keybind says the trigger is held)?

Also, how would I go about making a macro that uses two keys at specific times? For Splatoon 2, I want a keybind for rollers that, when I use right click (not bound currently), I jump automatically, and fire the trigger after enough frames have passed for the game consider me to be in the air. I always have a nightmare of a time trying to do a vertical flick, since I always do it too early or too late, and I end up doing a horizontal flick instead, which is life or death in some cases. All rollers oneshot when any flick lands directly (not the sides of it), so the wrong type of flick can and will ruin me.

To answer your first question of how I'd do all these things with a controller in hand, it depends on the weapon. Brushes you spam the trigger to swing back and forth rapidly, but hold the trigger to brush a path as you move. Squeezers fire long range, accurate, powerful shots with rapid taps of the trigger, but fire far faster but with far less range, power and accuracy when the trigger is held. Rollers act like brushes when the trigger is held, but vastly wider, and when tapping the trigger, you flick the roller horizontally for a very strong, close range attack in front of you, or tap the trigger after jumping to swing vertically for the same attack, but in a medium-range line rather than a close-range wave. I'm wanting macros made that allow the rapid-tap functions bound to primary fire to free up my focus, or in the rollers case, automate the jump attack so I never accidentally flick the wrong way.

If you already knew all of this about SP2, my apologies. Just want to be clear so there's no misinformation or misinterpretation.

Huge thanks in advance! ^^

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 05:12:52 PM »
1. when a mouse left button is used to trigger a macro, its original binding to the controller's trigger button will be neglected.
but you can use an all-none macro to disable the macro,
when the macro is disabled, the original binding will be effective again.

2. creating a macro for 2 keys or more are very easy with our APP,
   eg:jump and fire(hotkey:mouse right, Type:common, Mode:Press, Count: 1, Group: 0)
   line 1: B      200ms
   line 2: ZR     50ms

eg: rapid fire(hotkey:mouse left, Type:common, Mode:Hold, Terminated: Immediately, Group: 0)
   line 1: ZR     50ms
   line 2:        50ms

pictures of these 2 macros are in the attachment.

CEO Atlas

Thanks for the help!
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 03:42:01 AM »
Thank you very much! I think I've got the hang of how these macros work now. Thanks to you, I've finally stopped pulling hairs over botching my roller flicks, and don't lose focus from spamming keys anymore!

I have one more question though; a little unrelated but I need to ask it; in the ReaSnow Manager APP, is app rotation a planned feature yet? I've got a pretty cracked up iPad, and where the back buttons lie, there's a dead zone on my screen, and not being able to rotate the app is frustrating. Have to restart the app so often because of it.

Anyways, thanks so much for your help! I'm finally performing up to my real skill levels!

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 10:35:02 AM »
glad to know you have figured things out:)

But, this APP is not designed and tested on iPad,
it will be less trouble to use an iOS or Android phone.

And generally speaking, App rotation shall be managed by your iPad automatically.
you can enable "auto rotation" in it.

and the return button "<-" can always be found in the upper left corner of our APP,
if you can run it on ipad.

please provide some more details of yours, if there is some misunderstanding.

CEO Atlas

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 01:15:53 AM »
Yeah, I am using an iPad, and sadly I do not have an iPhone or Android phone (Looking to get an iPhone soon though), so that doesn't work out for me.

I haven't been able to find any settings regarding app rotation on my iPad (auto rotation excluded); the screen normally rotates just fine, but in the ReaSnow Manager APP specifically, the rotation is locked in portrait orientation (like a phone), and cannot rotate 180 degrees. This means that the back button is in my iPad's dead zone, and I cannot rotate the app in any way. I have tried with and without auto rotation enabled to rotate the APP, but it doesn't work.

If there's really no fix for it, that's a shame, but I'm sure I can figure it out sooner or later. If anything, getting an iPhone later on down the line will save me, because god knows you can't fix cracked screens without a hassle.

Anyways, huge thanks for your advice. After testing to see if I understood macros right, I played around with them a bit, and made four macros in Splatoon 2 to streamline super jumping to one key (uses keypad arrows to quickly open map, select teammate, and jump)!

I look forward to a long and happy gaming future with ReaSnow!

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 09:48:00 AM »
you are welcomed!:)

BTW, can you provide your ipad model and a photo of running our APP on it?
will look into the issue with ipad and get back to you later.

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2019, 04:01:00 PM »
we tried our APP on iPad mini, but found no way to "return" without pressing the return button.
AssistiveTouch or gestures or splitting screen helps us nothing.

This app is designed for iOS and Android phones,
even if you can have it work on iPad,
we can not guarantee all features can work properly.

Anyway, have fun!
Splatoon 2 is a great game:)