Author Topic: Logitech G27 + 3rd party Pedals  (Read 7937 times)

JulioCayetano

Logitech G27 + 3rd party Pedals
« on: July 16, 2020, 01:39:03 AM »
Hello,

My name is Julio, from Spain. I´m starting to use Reasnow S1 after receiving it. It is looking very nice so far, very quick and easy to use and update firmware, etc.
My main purpose for buying it was to use my simracing rig with my PS4 (Assetto Corsa and GT sport). I´ve tried it, carefully looking to your user manuals, and it has worked flawlessly in Expert Mode, my G27 is working nice and feeling really similar to when I use it connected to my PC (using Assetto to compare). Congratulations, it is just incredible.
On the other hand, I´ve also found the first issue: I have connected my new pedals (CSL elite LC) via USB as an accesory into port USB3, and my G27 (without pedals) into USB2. Everything seems to work nice, Reasnow APP is detecting both devices, one as a wheel, the other as a joystick (I think). In the APP I´m using the Expert Mode for Wheels, I remap the Throttle, Brake and Clutch pedals to my new Pedals. I enter Assetto Corsa and everything is looking perfect, but when I start driving, the Axis of all 3 pedals is inverted, so I cannot drive, (it is always braking unless I brake, it is always at full gas unless I depress that pedal... etc.). I can drive all around the track using the new pedals, just going very slowly and maintaning the gas and the brake all their way down until I need to use them, then I let gas pedal go a bit up and the car will start to accelerate, etc. I hope you can understand what I´m trying to explain here.

I would really apreciate any help with this issue, so I can use my upgrated pedals with Load Cell, much more convinient than the Logitech G27 original pedals.

Thank you very much in advance!!!

Best
Julio

peter

Re: Logitech G27 + 3rd party Pedals
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 11:48:32 AM »
thanks for the feedback!
please provide your 3rd-party pedals' PID and VID and its full info or officail page.
will try our best to help:)

PID/VID can be found when it's connected to PC.

JulioCayetano

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 08:15:16 PM »
Thnaks a lot for your quick support!

I´m a bit lost, not sure what that PID and VID values are, but let me research a bit and see if I can find them in my PC.
I will answer again as soon as I gather all info I can.
I think, from a simracer point of view, that this matter has a lot of potential for the simracing comunity. Listening to some other people on a related forum I usually use, I think that quite a lot of PC users would love to be able to play also PS4 titles, like GT sport. If you somehow get the S1 to work with mixed devices, like G29 plus Thrustmaster pedals, or Thrustmaster wheel with Clubsport V3 pedals, etc. it would be awesome. (I hear people looking for a device that could handle that, and other people suggesting to look for Drivehub, Gimx, Cronus, etc. but nobody really know if it would work).

JulioCayetano

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 11:59:22 PM »
Hi again,

These are my Pedals: FANATEC CSL elite pedals Load Cell.
Website: https://fanatec.com/eu-en/pedals/csl-elite-pedals-lc
I think that all detailed info is in that website, but if you need further info, I´ll try to get it for you.

I´m attaching the info I could find about the VID & PID you requested. I hope this is what you were expecting.

Thanks in advance for your help.

peter

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2020, 10:51:32 AM »
is your smartphone operating system iOS or Android?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 12:29:42 PM by richard »

JulioCayetano

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2020, 03:13:33 PM »
Android smartphone. I could borrow an iphone if necessary.
Thanks

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2020, 06:35:36 PM »
one more thing, we will also need a screenshot of the "HOME" UI of our APP.
please enable "I/O monitor" in "Settings",
and then return to "HOME" and send the screenshot to us.

please make sure your 3rd-party pedal is connected to S1 properly while capturing the screenshot.

JulioCayetano

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2020, 06:53:45 PM »
Ok, no problem. The only thing is that my PS4 and my Simracing rig are in diferent places (home and office), so I need to bring my PS4 to my offcie or all the way around, then I´ll connect all together and prepare that screenshot.
Thanks

JulioCayetano

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2020, 05:00:19 AM »
Hey again,
I've connected everything together, S1 in expert mode for the wheel, and in settings I've activated I/O monitor. Back to Home, and this is the screenshot.

JulioCayetano

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2020, 05:02:28 AM »
And just in case it helps, I've done the same but in settings I've activated all 3 buttons: accessory support, professional mode and I/O monitor. Back to Home and this is the screenshot.
Thanks a lot for your support.

JulioCayetano

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2020, 06:18:17 AM »
I think I haven't explained this before, but in the app, when I enter Edit to try to re-map the throttle, brake and clutch buttons, i notice something weird: if I press the button to assign the TP (throttle), as soon as it turns to show "listening..." it immediately assigns Y+ axis, before I press any pedal or button. It is like the S1 is receiving a signal constantly. So, if I want to map all pedals, I need to play around depressing all of them or 2 of them, and then the S1 assigns other axis, like X+ or Z-. If I test many random combinations, I can get X- for TP and Z- for BP (brake), and then I can play the game, using my clutch pedal as a brake pedal and my throttle pedal works normally. I won't have a clutch pedal, but the game does clutching for me. This is not a good solution, of course. Using the clutch pedal for barking is so weird, it lacks all kind of sensibility, becaue it hasn't any resistance, too much travel, etc.

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2020, 03:00:46 PM »
thanks for providing all these details!
will try our best to reply asap.

peter

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2020, 06:10:08 PM »
http://www.reasnow.com/download/ReaSnowApp/ReaSnow%20Flash%20Tool%20V5.3.73.zip
please download and try this firmware,
any feedback is welcomed! :)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 04:36:41 PM by richard »

JulioCayetano

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2020, 06:15:26 PM »
Hi,
Thanks a lot for the super fast support, I´ll download it now, but I don´t have my PS4 wiht me yet. As soon as I get it, I´ll test it and give inmediate feedback to you.

JulioCayetano

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2020, 07:58:55 PM »
Hey, I brought my PS4 today, to be able to test that provisional firmware.  The problem is that I need to download it and your link seems to be broken or expired. Can you please upload it again or something?
Thanks in advance

Julio

JulioCayetano

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2020, 04:30:21 PM »
Hi again, any problem with that firmware? could you please upload it again or generate a new link for me? Thanks

Julio

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2020, 04:36:59 PM »

JulioCayetano

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2020, 05:10:54 PM »
Downloaded, thanks! As soon as I find time to test it with my rig, I´ll write again with my feedback.

JulioCayetano

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2020, 06:03:22 AM »
Hi, I´ve flashed the S1 using your new version of the flashing utility. Then I have plugged all devices together with the S1, connected to PS4 as usual, and it seems to be working, but the problem I have now is that the Android App, when I´m trying t open it, it request that need to be updated and inmediately close, so I cannot check if the S1 is working or map the pedals again, etc. Nevertheless, I´ve started Assetto Corsa and tested the pedals. They are behaving differently but still wrong, both throttle and brake were behaving like this: fully depressed, 0% gas and/or brake input. When I press them half way down, 100% gas and/or brake. If I press them all the way down, as soon as I pass half the way, 0% gas and/or brake input in game.
I hope this will be helpful. In any case, if I could get the updated Android App, I´d be able to do more tests once I could re-map the pedals and its axis. 

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2020, 10:31:12 AM »