Author Topic: Nintendo Switch w/ Logitech G29  (Read 18001 times)

Yaumin

Nintendo Switch w/ Logitech G29
« on: September 17, 2020, 01:26:34 PM »
The last time I checked on this topic was back in 2018 and Reasnow did not support wheels with Switch at that time.  Here we are two years later so I assume times have changed.  Is it now possible to use a G29 on Nintendo Switch with a Reasnow S1???  I have been playing Grid AutoSport racing on Switch and it is a great game.  Grid supports analogue controls and the Hori wheel, thus giving you variable throttle and brake control via the pedals or analogue sticks on pro controllers.  Its a very fun game using the Hori Deluxe wheel but I have a Logitech G29 wheel that would make it 100x better.  Just recently I succeeded in using a G29 wheel with my Switch utilizing a competitors super converter but it leaves something to be desired.  Does the S1 now support wheels and pedals on Switch?  It could be as simple as allowing steering input to be mapped as analogue stick left and right and gas/brake being analogue stick backwards and forwards.  I appreciate everything you've developed here, very impressive. 
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 01:28:11 PM by Yaumin »

Yaumin

Re: Nintendo Switch w/ Logitech G29
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 07:37:07 AM »
No responses yet so I did what I usually do and kept tinkering.  I have great news!!  I purchased an S1 and the Logitech G29 wheel is working with my Nintendo Switch on GRID racing and I have successfully mapped all the buttons to the wheel and pedals.  Even better news, I AM getting analogue controls on the pedals so I can ease on and off the throttle to handle the powerful rear wheel drive cars without traction control on and without spinning out all over the place like you do with the digital throttle controls. 

Now there is only one element that is keeping this from being a perfect setup.  Force Feedback.  I don't seem to be getting very strong force feedback from the wheel.  It may even be none.  I am getting great rumble and can feel the rumble when the car runs off the track or is about to break traction. Is this something you can help me get working??  I think part of the issue is that even though this wheel works on Switch, there are no pre-configured wheel profiles loaded so there is no way for me to enter expert mode on my joystick configuration I used to get it working. 

Please note, using a Brooks Ras1ution super converter I can also use my G29 wheel on my Switch with Grid and I do get full control over DeadZone, Sensitivity and Force Feedback strength.  The only issue with the Ras1ution is that it doesnt allow me to map the pedals to analogue sticks, like the Crosshair S1 does.  So, I know its possible to get force feedback on Grid with a Switch using a competitors converter, and its possible to get analogue throttle controls using your converter, how to we combine both of these features to make the best functioning super converter on the market? 

Yaumin

It Works! ReaSnow S1, Logitech G29 and Nintendo Switch - Mario Kart and GRID
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 05:52:59 AM »
My dream of having a high quality sim racing experience on Nintendo Switch is almost a reality.  I purchased a ReaSnow S1 and have successfully connected it to my Nintendo Switch and my Logitech G29 racing wheel.  I have raced it in Mario Kart just to make sure it works and it does.
 My goal was to get it to work in GRID.  Everything is working flawlessly except for force feedback.  I know its possible to get force feedback on a G29 on a Nintendo Switch playing GRID because I can do so with a Ras1ution converter.  However the S1 is better because you can map to L and R analogue sticks for throttle/brake.  The Ras1ution only allows for mapping to digital buttons for whatever reason.  Now if I can somehow convince ReaSnow to help get their controller to recognize the force feedback too, they will have best and most versatile super converter out and we will have a perfect setup.  Does anyone have any thoughts on how I might get this working?  If there was a generic add profile button under the section of the app once connected I could atleast tinker with expert mode but the app doesnt have that option.

ReaSnow, any interest in supporting this?  Its already 99% percent there, you just need a small tweak and then you can full on advertise this as supporting Switch and Racing wheels too. 

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 10:54:28 AM »
thanks for the feedback!
we are now working on provding a preset wheel config for SWITCH.
will provide it soon.

Yaumin

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 12:49:06 AM »
That's awesome.  Thank you so much for the support.  I know it will make a lot of people happy and I personally will have many friends buying an S1 now.  I very much look forward to the update. 

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2020, 03:28:44 PM »
we have added some racing games for SWITCH, such as V-Rally, Mario Kart 8, GRID Auto Sport
the installed APP will get them automatically from our cloud server.

any feedback is welcomed:)

Yaumin

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2020, 02:06:47 PM »
Hey Richard!  Thanks for the update, this is very exciting news.  I coincidently jumped on my Switch today to help a friend configure his new S1 and we were happy to see the ReaSnow App now has the new wheel profiles for Switch.  This is so awesome.  I have so far added the Grid and Mario Kart wheel profiles and will start to testing them soon.  There are a couple buttons in the default button mappings that aren't set quite right, by default, but they were easy to reprogram and correct .  I can send you a list of the few buttons that were not quite right using a G29.  My Friends G27 was also the same so it must be a global default for the profile that was created on the server side.  I will test these two profiles more in game and will also test V Rally 4 soon too.  I am already noticing great improvements in FFB and deadzone and as I change the settings in the Wheel>More section I am noticing good differences.  Thank you so much for rolling this improvement out so quickly.  You have already sold an S1 to my friend as a result of this change and I expect there are many more to follow.  Now, lets get that advertising blitz started just in time for Q4 =-)

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2020, 04:58:16 PM »
@Yaumin
thank you for the great support too:)
Yes, please try these preset configs, and provide feedback,
we would love the update our configs on server to bring some convenience for all!

ars9876

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2020, 10:56:48 AM »
Hello, I purchased the crosshair a few years ago for steering wheel use.  I have been hoping to use it on the switch with my g920 and mariokart.  Will the presets be available for crosshairs with the older hardware (1.7.4)?  Can it be set up manually and what guide do I use?  Thanks.

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2020, 03:21:31 PM »
currently, this steering wheel support is for ReaSnow S1 only,
and those Cross Hairs whose hardware version is bigger than 1.7.5
can be upgraded to use this feature too, as shown in this topic:
http://www.reasnow.com/forum/index.php?topic=2575.0

ars9876

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2020, 10:42:48 AM »
Any hope for early hardware versions to get an update for switch steering wheel (1.7.4)?  Are updates still being made for my model?  Thanks.

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2020, 10:50:49 AM »
Hello ars9876,
For early Cross Hairs, we will provide continuous service to fix bugs or issues,
but new features will only be added to our latest products.

tfmeier

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2021, 12:11:18 PM »
I have a G29 and a Nintendo Switch and want to buy GRID Autosport.

Am I right to understand that I can connect the G29 to the Switch via a ReaSnow S1? Also read that there are some issues with force feedback on this setup. Has this been addressed or is force feedback still not available. How does this setup compare to a Brook converter?

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2021, 12:30:46 AM »
the force feedback is a simulated one since we will force NS to recognize your G29 as a gamepad.
but you can be assured that the support for G29 being used on NS has already been fulfilled:)

tfmeier

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2021, 10:43:17 AM »
Guys, I'm missing something here. I got the G29 connected to the Nintendo Switch via an S1. Initially had some issues with steering accuracy which has been largely addressed via game deadzone setting of 30.

I'm now stuck on the throttle and break pedal. Reasnow tells me it's not possible to get analogue controls for throttle/break on the Switch whereas I read on this very thread it's possible.

So can someone please tell me how I get analogue controls? Playing GRID in anything more than rookie requires analogue controls. Thanks

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2021, 11:55:56 AM »
here is our reply to your email:
==========
As you know the trigger buttons(ZR/ZL) on a SWITCH PRO controller are digital ones(only 0 and 1),
and to have your G29 work on SWITCH,
we have to let it treat your G29 as a SWITCH PRO controller,
and the throttle and brake are mapped to ZR and ZL,
so you can only have digital output to SWITCH.
==========

and if you think it's possible,
can you show some evidence of that?

we would love to add it if it's really possible!

tfmeier

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2021, 07:47:57 AM »
Thanks for sticking with this. I had a look at this thread again and the GRID configuration and found the solution:
* In GRID Autosport change the controller to Handheld, Pro Controller, Hori wheel and ensure current config is "Classic Analogue" - see attached. This maps the accelerator to right stick up and the break pedal to right stick down
* In the S1 app simply map the right stick up to 'TP' on the G29 and right stick down to 'BP' and you're done

Now you have analogue breaks and throttle control :)

Note: Based on the "classic analogue" profile ZL and ZR are mapped to gear down and up respectively but I haven't tried this yet.

So you may want to update your GRID Autosport profile for the app (breaks, throttle, gear up/down, game dead zone to 29, FFB to 15) and give the G29 users out there a lot more fun :)   Let me know once you have updated the profile and I'll test it

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2021, 12:47:07 PM »
thanks for sharing this!
will check and get back to you later.

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2021, 12:45:34 PM »
1. game settings:
Options&Extras/Controls/Change Controls:
HandHeld/Pro Controller/Hori Wheel:
Classic Analogue

2. config activated in ReaSnow S1:
GRID Autosport

please add a new preset config for this game from our APP,
you have updated it according to your suggestions:)