Author Topic: It Works! ReaSnow S1, Logitech G29 and Nintendo Switch - Mario Kart and GRID  (Read 10888 times)

Yaumin

Hello Everyone, I have some great news.  After some tinkering, I am now using a ReaSnow S1 with a Nintendo Switch and I am able to play Grid Autosport with a Logitech G29 wheel!  Everything is seemingly working like rumble, force feedback, pedals with analogue controls and more.  I was able to map every button on the wheel to correspond with a Switch Pro Controller.  The G29 seems to operate better when the top switch on the wheel is set the PS3 instead of PS4.  In the ReaSnow app I had to toggle on 'Accessory support' and 'Professional mode' on although I dont know if Professional Mode did anything for me.  The wheel also works with Mario Kart if you are curious.   

Soooooo, you might be wondering what's not perfect.  Here is what I've observed.  Since ReaSnow does not officially support wheels with Nintendo Switch, once everything is connected up, the wheel section of the Bluetooth app is totally blank and doesnt even have a generic add wheel button/option or the awesome 'Expert mode'.  I had to add the G29 wheel under the "Controller and Joystick" section of the app.  From there I could do all the button mapping.  On the home screen of the app it does recognize the G29 as a wheel and shows a picture of wheel with GT under it.  If there was an 'add wheel' or an 'expert mode' profile option under the wheel section of the app I am sure I could accomplish the same button mapping but also maybe have access to supported FFB settings like resistance and feedback sensitivity.  As it is now, I get rumble and feedback but it would be nice to be able to turn it up more or adjust it.   FWIW, I can turn up Rumble in the game and it does improve slightly. 

Knowing that it's working 99% I'd love for ReaSnow to take this info and enable expert mode for Nintendo Switch and test it out themselves for public release and support.  I'm happy to volunteer to test if anyone, ekhem Richard or Peter, are listening ;-) 

Have a great day Everyone!

richard

• Global Moderator
Hello Yaumin:
Thanks for all these effort and great details!
we have noted your posts previously,
and will create a preset config for wheels on SWITCH soon:)

richard

• Global Moderator
your G29 has been recognized as a GT wheel due to that the mode switcher on it is set to PS3.
set it to PS4, it will be recognized as a G29.

Yaumin

Thanks Richard.  I'll set it back to PS4 and experiment some more.  My initial testing indicated the feedback and rumble was more noticeable when I had it set to PS3.  Almost seemed not present when it was set to PS4 but I'll test some more vehicle/track scenarios.  The performance when set to PS4 may be improved with the upcoming pre set config wheel load profile that will give access to FFB and other settings.  I look forward to it. 

richard

• Global Moderator
yes, will provide more settings in the preset profile for steering wheels.

biggmac29@yahoo.com

Any ideas on how to setup the G29 driving force shifter to work with the S1 and Nintendo Switch?  I am having no luck with WRC 8.  Also wondering if VRally 4 or Grid has the clutch and shifter mapped out?

richard

• Global Moderator
Mario Kart, GRID, V Rally have all been added long ago,
please upgrade to our latest firmware and app.
you will find them:)

MarioSkart

Hey guys,

I recently bought an S1 and was under the impression it's a no brainer. Multi console and multi wheel support.

After unsuccessful trying to get my combination setup I gave up and found... My wheel is not yet supported. What a draw back. :(
I just bought a Logitech G923 and tried to get it run with MarioKart.

So I found this thread... @richard should I open a new one?

Either way I would like to get help here. What can I do to make it work?
Can I help you somehow to help me? :)

I have also WRC 8 and sooner or later the actual WRC9 in the queue.

Any hints appreciated. :)

Greetings from Berlin
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 04:44:25 PM by MarioSkart »

richard

• Global Moderator
will assess the possibility to add the support for G923 and reply later.

MarioSkart

Hey Richard, any news?

richard

• Global Moderator
sorry, we are still improving the support for PS5.
the support for G923 will be evaluated later.

tfmeier

Just got my ReaSnow S1 and had a "practice run" on GRID Autosport. One thing I noticed right away was the amount of play the steering wheel has from the center position; i.e. not playing anything and simply turning the wheel left and right there's a big amount (maybe 10 degrees) either side before resistance starts to set it.

I switched on the monitor function on the app (Android) and the wheel sends updates from the dead point; i.e. even within the 10 degrees mentioned above but it doesn't seem to translate into actual steering input to a point where I see myself even moving the steering wheel left to right to go straight which is really annoying.

How to improve this?

richard

• Global Moderator
please try adding some to the game dead zone in our APP.
it might help.

tfmeier

Ok, is there a manual for the various apps settings, e.g. there is game dead zone and dead zone?

tfmeier

@Yaumin did you notice any lag or lack of precision with the G29 wheel? I have installed the latest app with the GRID profile and it's not really usable as there's way too much play... Also how did you go with the PS3 vs PS4 setting?

Looking at the latest manual (v1.4) the Nintendo Switch is not even listed under sec. 5 Wheels...

Hello Everyone, I have some great news.  After some tinkering, I am now using a ReaSnow S1 with a Nintendo Switch and I am able to play Grid Autosport with a Logitech G29 wheel!  Everything is seemingly working like rumble, force feedback, pedals with analogue controls and more.  I was able to map every button on the wheel to correspond with a Switch Pro Controller.  The G29 seems to operate better when the top switch on the wheel is set the PS3 instead of PS4.  In the ReaSnow app I had to toggle on 'Accessory support' and 'Professional mode' on although I dont know if Professional Mode did anything for me.  The wheel also works with Mario Kart if you are curious.   

Soooooo, you might be wondering what's not perfect.  Here is what I've observed.  Since ReaSnow does not officially support wheels with Nintendo Switch, once everything is connected up, the wheel section of the Bluetooth app is totally blank and doesnt even have a generic add wheel button/option or the awesome 'Expert mode'.  I had to add the G29 wheel under the "Controller and Joystick" section of the app.  From there I could do all the button mapping.  On the home screen of the app it does recognize the G29 as a wheel and shows a picture of wheel with GT under it.  If there was an 'add wheel' or an 'expert mode' profile option under the wheel section of the app I am sure I could accomplish the same button mapping but also maybe have access to supported FFB settings like resistance and feedback sensitivity.  As it is now, I get rumble and feedback but it would be nice to be able to turn it up more or adjust it.   FWIW, I can turn up Rumble in the game and it does improve slightly. 

Knowing that it's working 99% I'd love for ReaSnow to take this info and enable expert mode for Nintendo Switch and test it out themselves for public release and support.  I'm happy to volunteer to test if anyone, ekhem Richard or Peter, are listening ;-) 

Have a great day Everyone!

richard

• Global Moderator
can you export the game config(.rsc file) and send it to us(support@reasnow.com)?

tfmeier

Sorry where do I find the came config file?

Also how do I reset the settings? I have tried to delete the app (Android) but it appears the config data is still on the device

richard

• Global Moderator
please add a new config and delete the old one,
all settings will be restored by this.

to export the rsc file, please click the config, and choose "export" on the "Manager" page of our APP.