Author Topic: PS5 and choosing certified third-party controller  (Read 2797 times)

OneOnline

PS5 and choosing certified third-party controller
« on: July 15, 2021, 06:16:27 AM »
Hello, I have a couple of questions ...
- Regarding third-party controllers certified by Sony. Does it make a difference which one I buy? Will there be a difference in Input lag or something else, and which controller would you recommend? I wonder why the Hori Wired Mini is recommended in the video from Reasnow?
- I know the wired PS4 connection just sucked, giving 12ms Input lag (which made me feel like the controller in "wireless mode" was faster than my emulator). To solve this problem, there was a Collective Minds Tournament Stick adapter (which I don't have) reducing the latency to 4.5ms. I tried to find something on this question about PS5, but I couldn't find anything on the internet. Does anyone have this thing? According to the owners of this stick, in games locked at 30 fps you can really feel it, so I thought, maybe someone will check, because games on ps5 still have low fps and checking this is quite real. I would like to squeeze the most out of our emulator :)

OneOnline

Re: PS5 and choosing certified third-party controller
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2021, 06:57:28 AM »
What about COOV DS50 Wireless Controller Adapter For Switch(LIte)/PS4/PC, in theory, will this work? It is a cheap solution and takes up little space.

richard

• Global Moderator
Re: PS5 and choosing certified third-party controller
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2021, 10:54:41 AM »
1. Hori Mini wired controller is recommended because it's the cheapest controller:), different 3rd-party(authentication) controllers will give the same result if you are using a mouse and keyboard with S1.
2. according to the data captured, the USB report rate of a PS4 controller is 4ms by default, i'm not sure about the source of your 12ms delay report.
3. COOV DS50 does not have the authorized chipset in it, it will not work for PS5,
please check this document, if you need to find some adapters which can be used for PS5 authentication.
http://www.reasnow.com/download/ReaSnowApp/workarounds%20for%20PS5.pdf